Anglican/Episcopal priest prays for Prince George to be gay

3,980 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Captain Pablo
Gymbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is all wrong. Our definition of sex and gender are made up. It used to be if you had an innie or outie between your legs. We realized some had both. We moved to chromosomes and realized there were exceptions there too. Biology is complex. We learn more everyday. We constantly find our binary system is inadequate at describing humanity and sex as it exists. If you think visible diddly parts and chromosomes tell the whole story then you're probably wrong and your sweeping statements are ignorantly based on your inadequate understanding.
AGC
AG
Gymbo said:

This is all wrong. Our definition of sex and gender are made up. It used to be if you had an innie or outie between your legs. We realized some had both. We moved to chromosomes and realized there were exceptions there too. Biology is complex. We learn more everyday. We constantly find our binary system is inadequate at describing humanity and sex as it exists. If you think visible diddly parts and chromosomes tell the whole story then you're probably wrong and your sweeping statements are ignorantly based on your inadequate understanding.

Rich. Gender is indeed variable by culture, typically as things that are considered masculine or feminine vary (i.e. east Texas masculine things are golfing and hunting but not so much soccer though other parts of the world that is different). Some cultures have other 'genders' but all are linked to biology and sex to some degree. Only the catcher is gay in Brazil, not the pitcher, because the pitcher is fulfilling the man's role. Other primate females react to crying human babies...because chemicals in the brain and neuro biology dictate it. Oxytocin isn't some made up idea, nor is serotonin, both of which are higher in biological females and associated with feminine behavior. I'd also ask how many people you know that have both sex organs and have gone through puberty as both. I'm not aware of any personally because all people are one sex or the other.

Please take your anti-science troll elsewhere. Or are you laying the ground work for molestation and abuse creating gays? I'm curious now.
Sapper Redux
AGC said:

Captain Pablo said:

AGC said:

Transitioning does not affect the underlying condition, it masks it. A FtM still requires female doses of ambien, because whatever 'he' believes about himself is still fundamentally untrue. One cannot will their dna to change and their kidney to function differently. Feelings may indicate a problem but they are not infallible, lest we encourage anorexia and suicidal ideation. 'He' likewise cannot produce eggs and has only sperm, so the idea of being female, a term associated with biology, is scientifically impossible. If one is not genetically female one cannot be a woman.

The TG lobby in the church is an extension of Sola feels: your feelings validate whatever theology you want. One can read the Psalms but must not believe them, for if God knit you in the womb but you came out wrong he made a mistake.

Except here's the thing - where's the sin?

The rest I agree with. And it goes back to why the Episcopal Church is not Christian, but rather a social club of like minded heretics, albeit with good intentions

The sin is introduced other places. RA contorts himself to say that transitioning is best, when with his friend it creates a lesbian marriage. He is now forced to choose between divorce and a gay marriage, both of which are wrong. Augustine said the punishment of the disordered mind is its own disorder and I think it bears out here. It is why he help them instead of enable them.

Is a "disordered mind" the fault of the individual? Because it certainly sounds like Augustine believes that. And your "help" has led to a lot of suicides and miserable lives.
Sapper Redux
How masculine and feminine are defined is cultural and arbitrary to some extent. That it is sort of linked in some ways to biology does not make gender scientific or in-born.
AGC
AG
Dr. Watson said:

AGC said:

Captain Pablo said:

AGC said:

Transitioning does not affect the underlying condition, it masks it. A FtM still requires female doses of ambien, because whatever 'he' believes about himself is still fundamentally untrue. One cannot will their dna to change and their kidney to function differently. Feelings may indicate a problem but they are not infallible, lest we encourage anorexia and suicidal ideation. 'He' likewise cannot produce eggs and has only sperm, so the idea of being female, a term associated with biology, is scientifically impossible. If one is not genetically female one cannot be a woman.

The TG lobby in the church is an extension of Sola feels: your feelings validate whatever theology you want. One can read the Psalms but must not believe them, for if God knit you in the womb but you came out wrong he made a mistake.

The rest I agree with. And it goes back to why the Episcopal Church is not Christian, but rather a social club of like minded heretics, albeit with good intentions

The sin is introduced other places. RA contorts himself to say that transitioning is best, when with his friend it creates a lesbian marriage. He is now forced to choose between divorce and a gay marriage, both of which are wrong. Augustine said the punishment of the disordered mind is its own disorder and I think it bears out here. It is why he help them instead of enable them.

Is a "disordered mind" the fault of the individual? Because it certainly sounds like Augustine believes that. And your "help" has led to a lot of suicides and miserable lives.

You misunderstand what he says and seek no debate but simply to impugn. Take your belligerence elsewhere.
Sapper Redux
AGC said:

Dr. Watson said:

AGC said:

Captain Pablo said:

AGC said:

You misunderstand what he says and seek no debate but simply to impugn. Take your belligerence elsewhere.

Really? What does he say? As for impugning, I consider comparing LGBT people to thieves and gamblers to be impugning them.
Martin Q. Blank
Was Caitlyn Jenner prior to her sex change operation a man or woman?
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Was Caitlyn Jenner prior to her sex change operation and man or woman?

Which part of her?
Martin Q. Blank
Are you saying part of Jenner was man and part was woman?
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes
Martin Q. Blank
Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes
Care to explain which parts are which?
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes

Brain != Genitals. Let me know if you need other anatomy lessons.
Martin Q. Blank
Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes
Didn't answer my question.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes

Sure I did. The context clues are there, you just have to work out the answer.
Martin Q. Blank
Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes
Q: Which parts are which?
A: Finger nail != eyeballs.

Thanks professor!
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Dr. Watson said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Yes
Q: Which parts are which?
A: Finger nail != eyeballs.

Thanks professor!

You're welcome.
Frok
AG
Captain Pablo said:

RetiredAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

Dr. Watson said:

So your message to gay and transgender people is essentially tough ***** Got it.

He's saying homosexual conduct is sinful

If you reject that, then there is no problem

But you can't claim your belief is Christian

As for trans, I don't really see why Christianity has a problem with that

Even crazy Muslims accept it
Like I said earlier, I've asked here and about a dozen pastors ranging from theologically conservative to liberal, and none of them have been able to give any scriptural case against it. I have yet to see anything that indicates it's sinful.

That's pretty much what I figured
Deuteronomy 22:5 (ESV)

5 "A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Checkmate
Captain Pablo
AG
Frok said:

Captain Pablo said:

RetiredAg said:

Captain Pablo said:

Dr. Watson said:

So your message to gay and transgender people is essentially tough ***** Got it.

He's saying homosexual conduct is sinful

If you reject that, then there is no problem

But you can't claim your belief is Christian

As for trans, I don't really see why Christianity has a problem with that

Even crazy Muslims accept it
Like I said earlier, I've asked here and about a dozen pastors ranging from theologically conservative to liberal, and none of them have been able to give any scriptural case against it. I have yet to see anything that indicates it's sinful.

That's pretty much what I figured
Deuteronomy 22:5 (ESV)

5 "A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

Checkmate

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.