S&R - Time comparisons

2,011 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dds08
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We live in the present.

Can anyone imagine what life in eternity is like?

In what ways are the two similar? Different?

Some believe death is the end; for some, it's just the beginning!
TexAgs91
AG
No. No one can grasp what eternity is. In 4 billion years, our galaxy will collide with the Andromeda galaxy. In 1 trillion years, the rest of the "local group" of galaxies will merge together forming many black holes including supermassive black holes. Eventually stars will run out of fuel though after 100 trillion years. Then, one star at a time, the universe will become darker and colder, as stars burn out, explode, collide, and/or turn into black holes.

Through 10^20 years, sources of light will then be not from stars but from their remnants spiralling down into black holes and emitting x-rays.

Then at 10^34 years protons will begin decaying in droves, decimating what is left of ordinary matter. At 10^40 years atoms will be a thing of the past.

After this time, there will be only dark energy and black holes. They will start to evaporate and decay. Light will again return to the universe as they become smaller and decay more and more rapidly converting their mass into hawking radiation. Until 10^100 years when they are all gone.

The universe is now basically empty and at an extremely low energy state. The background noise of quantum fluctuations are now the most energetic events in the universe, and the universe and time itself degenerates into quantum foam.

Can you imagine the amount of time that has gone by at this point? No? Now realize in an eternity, THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING. 10^100 years is precisely as far from infinity as is one second.

I identify as Ultra-MAGA
dds08
AG
From a Christian perspective, those in heaven will live in an unabated, continual, and perpetual fellowship with the Lord. Perhaps it will be a never-ending journey of advancement, progress, goodness, faithfulness, exploration, and obedience-actualization (compared to self-actualization)

Those unfortunate souls who denied The Lord will experience perpetual, and continual death and destruction; His wrath. It will be like a black hole or an abyss. Any glimmer of improvement is merely a mirage or a joke, by yours truly Satan himself. Nothing will function correctly.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
Maybe.
schmendeler
AG
dds08 said:

From a Christian perspective, those in heaven will live in an unabated, continual, and perpetual fellowship with the Lord. Perhaps it will be a never-ending journey of advancement, progress, goodness, faithfulness, exploration, and obedience-actualization (compared to self-actualization)

Those unfortunate souls who denied The Lord will experience perpetual, and continual death and destruction; His wrath. It will be like a black hole or an abyss. Any glimmer of improvement is merely a mirage or a joke, by yours truly Satan himself. Nothing will function correctly.
you are satan?
kurt vonnegut
AG
dds08 said:

If answers to your original questions are 'No', 'We don't know.', and 'We don't know.' - then none of the above makes sense.

If these are not the correct answers to the questions, then I think an explanation of why/how they are not correct is needed in order for the 'Christian perspective' to be useful here.
dds08
AG
This is convincingly logical. From what I observed in documentaries, this is accurate.
dds08
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

dds08 said:

If answers to your original questions are 'No', 'We don't know.', and 'We don't know.' - then none of the above makes sense.

If these are not the correct answers to the questions, then I think an explanation of why/how they are not correct is needed in order for the 'Christian perspective' to be useful here.

They were answers to open ended questions. I was seeking to start a discussion among fellow believers in Christ, about the new earth based on their spiritual beliefs/convictions they know to be true and lasting (impervious to time). Beliefs and convictions that they have experienced in this lifetime on earth.

It's not so hard to imagine. After all, before Adam and Eve sinned, we can assume they instinctively obeyed the Lord.

1. He gave them meaningful work; purpose (tend to the garden)
2. He gave them a suitable environment, paradise, to work in.
3. They were in charge of naming the animals.

Who knows all the great things he had in store for us had we not sinned.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
If you can imagine that Adam and Eve were real people, I guess it's not much of a stretch to imagine all that other fantasy future stuff.
dds08
AG
Someone who has 1 million years experience in Hell is more cunning, dark, dangerous, and evil than Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Idi Amin, Tim McVeigh, Enron Executives, Bernie Madoff and the Zodiac killer combined.
Post removed:
by user
AggieFrankTX
dds08 said:

It's not so hard to imagine. After all, before Adam and Eve sinned, we can assume they instinctively obeyed the Lord.

1. He gave them meaningful work; purpose (tend to the garden)
2. He gave them a suitable environment, paradise, to work in.
3. They were in charge of naming the animals.

Who knows all the great things he had in store for us had we not sinned.
He is omniscient. He knew they would sin. As such, he wasted no effort on such planning. If you believe that sort of thing.
Rocag
AG
I'm curious what you think Hell is that it would give someone there those skills and attributes.
swimmerbabe11
I feel like I have experience eternity every time I've been on a conference call that doesn't actually involve me.
Eliminatus
AG
Obviously a pit of hellish creatures that you can grind out for XP and sweet loot.

A million years hacking away? Got to have at least orange rarity gear and level 82. Possibly level 83.
dds08
AG
Rocag said:

I'm curious what you think Hell is that it would give someone there those skills and attributes.
I am only speculating and making reasonable predictions.

It would be a waste for Satan to allow those in Hell to lay around all day idle; listening to weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It would be in his ability (and advantage) to put you to work of furthering his agenda, whatever it is; while simultaneously listening to gnashing of teeth.

He is gonna use and exploit those unfortunate souls whether they like it or not; whether they agree with his agenda or not.

Don't like it? Tough!
Rocag
AG
Most Christians consider the idea that Satan rules hell in any shape or form to be a misconception not Biblically supported and more of a consequence of later literature and depictions by Christian writers and artists.

What I am trying to say is you have a very strange set of beliefs.
AggieFrankTX
Rocag said:

Most Christians consider the idea that Satan rules hell in any shape or form to be a misconception not Biblically supported and more of a consequence of later literature and depictions by Christian writers and artists.

Are you saying that Dante ain't Dogma?
Rocag
AG
AggieFrankTX said:

Rocag said:

Are you saying that Dante ain't Dogma?
No fool, Dogma is dogma.

amercer
AG
Eliminatus said:

Obviously a pit of hellish creatures that you can grind out for XP and sweet loot.

A million years hacking away? Got to have at least orange rarity gear and level 82. Possibly level 83.

Sign me up. I've always been a grinder.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
The answer to your questions is "we can't know"

Eye has not seen, ear has not heard, what God has for those who love him.

All of our speculation is at best a poor analogy for something we do not have the capacity to grasp, let alone describe or understand.
dds08
AG
Many of you would be willing to agree that all humans have a soul.

With that knowledge, what is reality like apart from the physical body? Could one ponder and imagine what senses or abilities would be applicable to a being on strictly a "soul" level? Perhaps emotions, and thoughts of the heart maybe. I hear women have a knack for sensing the intangible and unseen characteristics of people, character. Perhaps that ability might remain.

To a certain extent, I have a suspicion certain extremes of the universe become incredibly apparent once someone passes from the physical body at death, to just having a soul; things that one would be completely oblivious to existing in the physical realm their entire lives. I sense bad situations all the time or peculiar predicaments. Certain scenarios or particular courses of action that are a sure setup for failure. Discernment based on faith and previous experience might remain.

What else is there?

Space and time have a certain relationship out in the cosmos. What happens when matter (a physical body ) is removed from the equation?

The big question is, what particular phenomena do humans experience on a soul level that don't seem to require a physical body or physical aspect? Creativity, imagination, daydreaming, dreams, intuition, semantics and innate skills, raw talent, prayer, discernment etc.

If you ask me, I would be willing to bet, when one dies, they immediately fall into a sleep state and lose all concept of time. So much so, that the point of death to the point in time Jesus returns will seem nearly instantaneous. Sure they may have a dream here and there, but it will only be dreams. The dreams will perhaps be the most vivid, longest dreams one could ever have.

With the Lord being a omnipresent being, when one dies, the presence of the Holy Spirit becomes a lot more obvious I bet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.