"The holiness without which no one will see the Lord"

1,948 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dermdoc
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure, I don't think anyone is talking about the exceptions. More of the rule.

It's not legalistic, which I think sometimes the Roman Church can be. On the other hand, I feel like many Protestants fall off the horse on the other side.
wargograw
I think you answered your own question re: free will with your second point.

As for who is truly his, it is the truly saved. The ones who go out from us only prove that they are not of us.

And let me just say, I am a wholehearted believer in what is known as "lordship salvation." Your disgust with Protestants who have no desire for piety and who are spiritually lazy is one I definitely share. The most fertile mission field in America is inside the church. We need to return to a desire for holiness. To the Puritans. I hope it happens. And I think it all starts with purifying our churches. Need emphasis on membership, higher membership standards, and more frequent and consistent church discipline.
booboo91
k2aggie07 said:

Sure, I don't think anyone is talking about the exceptions. More of the rule.

It's not legalistic, which I think sometimes the Roman Church can be. On the other hand, I feel like many Protestants fall off the horse on the other side.
Agreed it is all about proper balance. On one side- everyone is good leads to complacency, no action. And the other side too obsessed with rules can become too legalistic, like Pharisees.

We need correct balance of following rules/ laws and adding in Love and Mercy. See Jesus and woman caught in adultery (stoning of woman).
booboo91
wargograw said:

I think you answered your own question re: free will with your second point.

As for who is truly his, it is the truly saved. The ones who go out from us only prove that they are not of us.

And let me just say, I am a wholehearted believer in what is known as "lordship salvation." Your disgust with Protestants who have no desire for piety and who are spiritually lazy is one I definitely share. The most fertile mission field in America is inside the church. We need to return to a desire for holiness. To the Puritans. I hope it happens. And I think it all starts with purifying our churches. Need emphasis on membership, higher membership standards, and more frequent and consistent church discipline.
We agree. enjoy the day brother!
dermdoc
AG
I just wish Christians would understand that the Sabbath was meant as a blessing and not a curse. God knew we needed a day off from the worries of the world.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.