What is wrong with people?

1,974 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DirtDiver
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's like people believe the logical fallacy:

1. If I do something wrong or abuse people or misuse a person
  • It's okay to do these actions (in some cases) to many different people over an extended period of time.
2. I can get away with it.

Harvey Weinstein
Bill Clinton
Bill Cosby
The Baylor scandal
The Stanford swimmer Brock Turner

This kind of sinning is so old. David and Bathsheba. The man Moses killed after he saw two men, one Egyptian and one Israelite, quarreling. Moses thought no one saw him and he was sure no one saw him yet some kind of way he was found out.

There is some demon out there that is strong and convincing. So convincing that he is leading people to believe that they can heinously sin and the chance of getting away with it is so great that it's worth pursuing. It's like whatever evil it is, it's making a play on peoples' desires and weaknesses.

Desires and weaknesses. There's two sides to every story. Even in cases where teachers are having inappropriate relationships with minors, I suspect some of these children know when they are doing something wrong with a teacher. In the Michael Jackson case, even the judge came to the conclusion that it was preposterous that a sane, respectable parent would have the due diligence to know; not to send their kid over to Never Never land to sleep in Michael Jackson's bed.

Two sides to every story. Are the women in the Baylor indecent and all the women who "just happened to find themselves in a hotel room with Bill Cosby" and the all the women who were "abused" by Weinstein completely free from any scrutiny about their actions. Was their lust for career advancement and ambition to blame?

It's like the opposite of what Jesus did. After He died on the cross. He appeared to many people in many places and put it out there that He indeed did this for all humans. He let the truth be known. He didn't sin and then try to cover it all up. He covered nothing up. It was all out in the open. He concealed that He was the Son of God, for a time leading up to the cross, but I'm sure their were reasons for this.

Note to atheists, it's okay to believe that the Lord doesn't exist if that is what you believe, however, it's utterly foolhardy to believe Satan does not exist. Satan will take advantage of this miscalculation in ways you never dreamed of. Even for Christians, we have a healthy respect for Satan. With the power of the Holy Spirit, he may be overcome.

I truly believe one can be taken by Satan and Evil if one wishes to neglect Love and Good or have nothing to do with Love and Good.

Not to mention all the victims. All the embarrassment, the pain, the strife, the anger, the emotional fallout, the shame. When did it become okay to ruin peoples' lives? It's one thing to be free, but freedom goes to far when people start experiencing destruction because of someone else's freedom. This is just wrong. We can have educated, intelligent discussions all day, but when the suffering happens, the suffering happens. All logic is out the window. This is peoples' lives were talking about.

I've heard non-Christians call people of faith "gullible" or "believing fairy tales" well....... Evil and Satan is a check on this. Selfish desires and the profit of sin is a check on this. Wisdom is a check on taking advantage of good. Scrutiny and careful consideration is a check on "the taking advantage of."

Got milk? Please! Got discernment?
dds08
AG
Moses swore up and down nobody saw what he did!

I swore nobody saw him and I was just reading about it, third person!

Somebody saw him.
permabull
AG
dermdoc
AG
You might almost think mankind needs a Savior.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dds08
AG
Logical fallacies.

Learn em:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
dds08
AG
Of course you can assume the guy Moses saved ratted him out, but who on earth in their right mind would "rat" out the very criminal that was their salvation?

Only an idiot would do that.

The question remains:

WHO SAW MOSES!
dds08
AG
WHO TOLD NATHAN ANYTHING?

Once moment you're reading about David looking at something he wasn't supposed to be looking at, then the next moment you're reading about Uriah dying on the front lines and a baby dying. One must wonder, "How did I end up here!?"

Dead bodies all over the place.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
So many words
Aggrad08
AG
dds08 said:

Logical fallacies.

Learn em:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Did the guy from the 50/50 chance thread seriously post this?

Apply these to your own threads before pressing send
dds08
AG
dermdoc said:

Care to elaborate on this?
dermdoc
AG
dds08 said:

dermdoc said:

Sure. People are always going to be people. That is why we need a Savior. Jesus is his name.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dds08
AG
Love it!
DirtDiver

Quote:

What is wrong with people?

• sin
  • under attack

MidTnAg
AG
dermdoc said:

dds08 said:

dermdoc said:

Sure. People are always going to be people. That is why we need a Savior. Jesus is his name.
So, what does a Savior do? Are you trying to insinuate that people who have saviors will not do "something wrong or abuse people or misuse a person"? You are kidding yourself if you believe this foolishness.
Win At Life
AG
dermdoc said:

dds08 said:

dermdoc said:

Sure. People are always going to be people. That is why we need a Savior. Yeshua is his name.
FIFY
Tamu_mgm
AG
It's human nature to either occasionally or frequently do "wrong" things morally or otherwise. This is due to our free will given to us from God.

He allows us to either freely cooperate with His love or freely reject Him. There's a saying that rings true: "there are only volunteers in Hell." There is not true love if it is not free. God allows evil to occur, because He always brings a greater good out of it.
kurt vonnegut
AG
The history of human civilization is a continuous stream of warfare where by the conquered is executed, enslaved, and raped. What's wrong with us? Quiet a bit . . .
Woody2006
AG
Why would Satan exist if God doesn't exist?

Your posts rarely (if ever) make sense.
BlazeHarper
Whats wrong with us ?
Whats wrong with God ?

MidTnAg
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

It's human nature to either occasionally or frequently do "wrong" things morally or otherwise. This is due to our free will given to us from God.

He allows us to either freely cooperate with His love or freely reject Him. There's a saying that rings true: "there are only volunteers in Hell." There is not true love if it is not free. God allows evil to occur, because He always brings a greater good out of it.
Tell that to all the women in Somalia who have been repeatedly raped and many of their love ones slaughtered.

You are a heartless and insensitive human being.

I wish you could be transformed into a young female in Somalia. See what greater good would become of your being raped on numerous occasions. See how thankful you would be for having a greater good by having all the kids you would be forced to have in such horrid conditions. You're truly a very sick human being.

= = =
"there are only volunteers in Hell". You are kidding again, aren't you?

You religious people just freak me out in your insensitivity to the sufferings of other human beings.
dds08
AG
Woody2006 said:

Why would Satan exist if God doesn't exist?

Your posts rarely (if ever) make sense.
"I'm an atheist. I do not believe Satan exists." ~ said no atheist ever!
dds08
AG
People play right into Satan's hands when they don't believe he (Satan) does not exist.

It makes his work so much easier.
Aggrad08
AG
Wait you think atheists believe in Satan?
swimmerbabe11
Aggrad08 said:

Wait you think atheists believe in Satan?

Change the word Satan to evil and the sentence makes more sense

Put the best construction on it.
Aggrad08
AG
dds08 has lost the benefit of the doubt. Even still, evil as an objective concept doesn't exist as far as I can tell. As a subjective one sure, but that doesn't at all point to religion or a need for a savior or a demigod who corrupts the minds of men
swimmerbabe11
I don't know dds' struggles, but I don't think he purposefully does anything wrong so I am trying to be patient/put the conversation to a more interesting and constructive use.

I don't believe good and evil are relative. There is objective good and objective bad. So dds is right in a way. Not believing there is objective evil in this world lends towards reasoning away sin.

I'm trying at least.
Aggrad08
AG
I see the appealing part of believing in an objective morality. It certainly washes away some tough problems. But it's as far as I can tell, wanting for evidence and logically unsupportable.

Euthyphros dilemma combined with the lack of objective transmittal of whatever morality you choose to the minds of men is enough. That s ignoring our long human history which points to morality as something dynamic and evolving.

When we work with competeting "objective" moralities in a society its not really any different than working with competing subjective ones.
DirtDiver

Quote:

Tell that to all the women in Somalia who have been repeatedly raped and many of their love ones slaughtered. You are a heartless and insensitive human being

I saw this statement and am taking it a different direction. The strength of this statement assumes 2 things must be true. 1. That rape and slaughtering are wrong. 2 That this woman has value and ought not to have been raped.

A naturalistic, atheistic, agnostic has no explanation of why humanity has value, why certain things are right and wrong and has nothing to offer this woman.

Jesus has everything to offer this woman:
- the promise of an eternally safe future
- justice
- healing
- hope
- resurrection

The comfort apart from God looks like: Well I think it sucks that you got raped, however he was just trying to spread his seed and that's really okay if I'm living out my worldview. You should stop crying and enjoy your life as we are simply a result of an accident in space and will dYouie soon without justice. Actually there shouldn't be justice because he was just following his nature.

One is a worldview of dispair.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.