R - Complementarian vs Egalitarian

757 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by thepartygoat
thepartygoat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's your stance?
AGC
AG
Complementarian, except when I'm wrong.
PacifistAg
AG
Egalitarian
BusterAg
AG
Both
schmendeler
AG
Meatatarian
Martin Q. Blank
Christ follower
UTExan
Theo-Monarchist.

No King but Jesus.

But seriously, we have obvious different functions biologically. Theologically? Some of the greatest figures in Jewish/ Christian history have been women. Deborah the Prophetess, Esther, Mary, Anna the prophetess, Phoebe and Priscilla of Romans, Lydia who helped Paul, Susanna Wesley, the medieval mystics, Madame Guyon---down to today where countless women serve as prophetesses, pastors and teachers. Phoebe Palmer, mother of the Methodist Holiness movement along with the many famous women of the Pentecostal movement such as Etta Woodward, Aimee Semple McPherson. Fanny Crosby, the famous hymn writer----the roll call of leading women is too long to recount.

Egalitarian and Complementarian are too restrictive in terminology to describe the plan of God. He will anoint and appoint to ministry those whom He chooses regardless of man's classifications.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
thepartygoat
AG
My church plant just went through a schism because of this theology. Basically my understand for the split was the wives of two elders did not agree with the belief that a women cannot authoritatively teach the word of God to a mixed gathering in our church.

People have left the church because of it. I am still studying scripture and praying alongside my wife to see what its revealed to us. I know this a subject that leads on a never ending rabbit trail of commentaries, interpretations and opinions. But I'm trying to get to a point where I fully understand the context and Pauls intent on those verse in Corinthians, Timothy, and Titus and can have an educated conversation as opposed to just conversing about how I feel. It's just sad to see our family (community) just giving up and not willing to talk things out.

I do know that God still will use ordinary men and women to accomplish whatever His will regardless of where they fall on the spectrum.

Random vent over....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.