7th Gen is a Christian

8,693 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BusterAg
7thGenTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I've decided that Christianity is true. The world is unfolding exactly as it would if the Bible were accurate. My doubts remain, but they do not rise to the level of my belief. My favorite church is the Russian Orthodox, though it is extremely difficult to adjust to this. i'm signing out for a while to consider this, but my mind is made up. I'm a believer.
7thGenTexan
AG
Proof of God:

747Ag
AG
Best wishes as you ponder this.
dds08
AG
Cool.

Patterns. Patterns. Patterns. You are your patterns.

Short term successes and failures.

Long term strategy and direction.

Beware the journey!
dds08
AG
Hallelujah!

Correction, you aren't your patterns. You were born in His image and likeness. That will never change.

Hallelujah!

Very Tolerant Nice Guy
Altright Orthodoxy
Frok
AG
Praise God
kurt vonnegut
AG
So now not only will 7th be posting condescension and insults at he rest of us, he'll now also he telling us that we're going to hell.
schmendeler
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

So now not only will 7th be posting condescension and insults at he rest of us, he'll now also he telling us that we're going to hell.

Perfect
gordo97
AG
Orthodox huh..... that's pretty cool!!!
Woody2006
AG
Lol 7th gen is as much a Christian in the way most American Christians define it as I am.
booboo91
7thGenTexan said:

So I've decided that Christianity is true. The world is unfolding exactly as it would if the Bible were accurate. My doubts remain, but they do not rise to the level of my belief. My favorite church is the Russian Orthodox, though it is extremely difficult to adjust to this. i'm signing out for a while to consider this, but my mind is made up. I'm a believer.
Congrats, what took you so long. Beautiful Women! great proof of God existance!

Seriously, What was the compelling event, the straw that broke the camels back?

Martin Q. Blank
Praise the Lord! I have been praying for this day. Up next is Woody and AstroAg...maybe kurt.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
NoHo Hank
AG
Pray for something is the ultimate act of mental masturbation. If you get what you wanted, aha! God is good! If you don't get what you want, it's because God has other plans. So God hears your prayers and then decides to intercede at his discretion, though presumably he also intercedes in our affairs to time to time without the nudging of prayer.

In effect, you're praying for God to do something and the act of prayer has no impact on it whatsoever. Unless you think you're calling god's attention to something he otherwise wouldn't have noticed. He's sitting up there saying "damn, I was super focused on the middle east bruh, thanks for the heads up on the fact that this dude over in the US ain't christian and is lookin' for a conversion. I'll get right on it. Or won't. Whatever is in my plan."
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
john32f said:

Pray for something is the ultimate act of mental masturbation. If you get what you wanted, aha! God is good! If you don't get what you want, it's because God has other plans. So God hears your prayers and then decides to intercede at his discretion, though presumably he also intercedes in our affairs to time to time without the nudging of prayer.

In effect, you're praying for God to do something and the act of prayer has no impact on it whatsoever. Unless you think you're calling god's attention to something he otherwise wouldn't have noticed. He's sitting up there saying "damn, I was super focused on the middle east bruh, thanks for the heads up on the fact that this dude over in the US ain't christian and is lookin' for a conversion. I'll get right on it. Or won't. Whatever is in my plan."
For an early thirties female with a masculine name you've got some deep thoughts.
NoHo Hank
AG
Could also be bust size / waistline. Though my snarky comment was in response to Martin letting everyone know he prayed for conversion, as opposed to a random dds-esque, bath salt inspired musing
NoHo Hank
AG
i was thinking about changing my username to john8fluid but based on y'alls feedback that wouldn't be an improvement.
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
john32f said:

Could also be bust size / waistline. Though my snarky comment was in response to Martin letting everyone know he prayed for conversion, as opposed to a random dds-esque, bath salt inspired musing
dds posts are my guilty pleasure. I'm thinking he's a dentist who hits his own stash of relaxation gasses on occasion.
Martin Q. Blank
john32f said:

I'd be happy to pray for you too if you're jealous.
Woody2006
AG
I love when people say they are praying for me and I respond with an innocuous "thank you" and they say "it's the least I can do".

You're right... it's quite literally the least you could do. You couldn't do less.
Post removed:
by user
Woody2006
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Well, they could do nothing.
I think you missed my point.
Martin Q. Blank
Woody2006 said:

I love when people say they are praying for me and I respond with an innocuous "thank you" and they say "it's the least I can do".

You're right... it's quite literally the least you could do. You couldn't do less.
That's what's so great about it. It is a very unique form of worship in that you could be deaf, blind, mute, bedridden, etc. but can still pray.
Post removed:
by user
Woody2006
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Knowing others are praying for you has a documented placebo effect, doesn't it? I have no clue if that carries over to heathens like you.
Knowing that others are praying for you has a documented harmful effect as people feel more pressure to get better.

My point was that praying for someone is the exact same as doing nothing for them. I guess it went over your head.
Post removed:
by user
Woody2006
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I knew what you meant. Nothing goes over my head. I am too fast.

Link about the harmful effect?
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?mcubz=1
Quote:

Prayers offered by strangers had no effect on the recovery of people who were undergoing heart surgery, a large and long-awaited study has found.

And patients who knew they were being prayed for had a higher rate of post-operative complications like abnormal heart rhythms, perhaps because of the expectations the prayers created, the researchers suggested.
Mrs. Lovelight
Don't stay gone too long you are one of the few posters who I find worth reading.
DirtDiver
God the Father did not grant part of Jesus' request in the garden.
God didn't remove Paul's thorn when Paul asked in prayer but he did receive an answer.

I think there's quite a bit more to prayer than we think.
kurt vonnegut
AG
7thGenTexan said:

Proof of God:

Are we sure 7th found God? Or did he just catch the Russian version of 'jungle fever'?
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
kurt vonnegut said:

7thGenTexan said:

Proof of God:

Are we sure 7th found God? Or did he just catch the Russian version of 'jungle fever'?
Gulag Fever
BusterAg
AG
7th Gen.

I starred the not sure if serious post.

Let's assume this is not a troll.

I have enjoyed, and sometimes seethed while, debating you on issues around here.

I have tons and tons of questions for you.

Would love to buy you a few beers.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Great to hear OP, sounds like you've come a long way. Maybe you're willing to go a little bit further, you're almost there!

I encourage you to read "Fathers Know Best" by Jimmy Aikin which explains historical validity and apostolic line of succession of the Catholic Church directly back to Peter from Christ himself. Christ established His Church for all to be saved. Orthodoxy is so very close to Catholicism and has valid sacraments, but I recommend you take one step further in realizing the importance of the bishop of Rome. God bless.

http://shop.catholic.com/the-fathers-know-best-your-essential-guide-to-the-teachings-of-the-early-church-set.html
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.