S: The Big Bang Wasn't The Beginning, After All

7,771 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by amercer
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like to speculate.
dds08
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Clearly because CS Lewis would never have written something so heretical.

The I AM is not made of matter. He created all things visible and invisible from nothing.
I'd speculate that he continues to make new stuff. He does what He wants.
Zobel
AG
St Gregory warns against speculation. It's not for all people at all times and in all venues to speculate on matters of theology.
dds08
AG
k2aggie07 said:

The I AM is not made of matter. He created all things visible and invisible from nothing.
I know he isn't made of matter. You're taking my words so literally.

The word says he made us out of His image and likeness. He is the model.

Matter is. I am. Omnipresence.

In order to win over some people you have to speak from a position they understand. The physical.

I believe Paul in some instances came across people who worshiped a number of pagan Gods, yet they did have one God that was the unknown God. Well, this was the focal point for his ministry to those people. The unknown God. The invisible God.
Zobel
AG
That's the point though. He is the existing one. He Is. compared to this, matter isn't.
dds08
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Jesus claimed to be the I AM did He not?
Zobel
AG
Sigh.

Look...Christ became incarnate and was made man for our salvation. He existed prior to this. He shares an essence with the Father and the Spirit that is unknowable and ineffable. He is both full God and fully Man.

So in that sense He is made of matter, yes. But God is not matter nor is He created.

This is basic Christian theology.
TexAgs91
AG
dds08 said:

Matter is.

If we are to have physical bodies, for us to exist in physical form, there must be a grand order of a physical being.

The physical being must have a way to continue on existing. Breath, oxygen to breath. Before air, there must be atmosphere. Before atmosphere there must be barriers. Before barriers there must be space. How is this not hierarchy in the space dimension?

Water to drink. Food to eat.

People need laughter too or else life wouldn't be worth living!

The Lord is the I AM! He is the grand order of the physical. He is the model.

and no, I didn't steal this from CS Lewis. These are my own thoughts.

Matter is.... what?
When you get right down to it we can characterize particles with about 35 parameters. It could be that particles are like a 10 dimensional knot in spacetime.

Matter is an element of an irreducible representation of the symmetry group of the Lagrangian. I don't know about you, but I laughed when I heard that.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
dds08
AG
For Chinese, Japanese, or people native to the Orient, in my opinion, anyone trying to reach, or connect with them about Jesus would need to emphasize harmony.

We serve a God of harmony. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light.

Else, you will not appeal to them or lose them altogether.

Consider your audience.
TexAgs91
AG
dds08 said:

For Chinese, Japanese, or people native to the Orient, in my opinion, anyone trying to reach, or connect with them about Jesus would need to emphasize harmony.

We serve a God of harmony. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light.

Else, you will not appeal to them or lose them altogether.

Consider your audience.

I know you're on a roll, but what does that have to do with "The Big Bang Wasn't The Beginning, After All"?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
dds08
AG
The word begins with the old testament. It seems the Father was emphasized, the Son was mentioned and given some recognition, the Spirit traversed the water at the beginning of creation.

Then the new testament came and The Son was emphasized. The Father was mentioned and the Spirit was too.

Once Jesus was crucified then the Spirit was sent here to help us.

Now the spirit lives with us so the Spirit is being emphasized. The Father and Son are still present.

All three were always present throughout the old testament, new testament, and even after the new testament was written and accounted for.

dds08
AG
The Father is self-actualization manifested in Him being the Creator.

Jesus is the self-actualization manifested in Him being the epitome of Creation.

The Spirit is the self-actualization manifested in Him being the epitome of Life.
dds08
AG
In the old testament, the Lord seemed incredibly rigid. People either did what He said do or they perished! Noah, the people of Ninevah, all the Israelites that were part of the exodus out of Egypt, yet did not make it to the promised land.

Some were given an opportunity to repent and some He gave them opportunity and when they didn't respond, wiped them off the map, Noah.

In the new Testament, Jesus came and seemed to be the epitome of grace and mercy. No one is exactly being wiped off the map. People are being given incredible opportunity. Here, Jesus gets death at the hands of the pharisees and Sanhedrin. He willingly gave his life up.

Now the Spirit lives in us and was sent to help us. I would characterize this period as perhaps the experience of a rigid God and a graceful and merciful God. He lives within us and we have a conscience. We are Spirit led.

The Spirit is emphasized. It's not about the children of Israel, it's not about whoever was around Jesus when He walked the earth and just happened to be in the vicinity/close proximity to Him, to witness Him dying on the cross for our sins.

It's about all people being giving a chance to accept Him or not.

We get to see how patient He is by allowing more and more people to accept Him before He comes again. In this period.
TexAgs91
AG
Way off topic
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
dds08
AG
Anyone filled with the Spirit would say,

"The Lord is the Alpha and the Omega."

I choose not to place faith in mere human intelligence! How shallow/hollow would that be!

It's bad enough they said it was one thing, now they taking it back.

Fallible Fallible Fallible!
dds08
AG
The group of people/community that came up with the big bang, how can you distinguish their intentions/motives?

Three cases/possibilities:

1. They made an error and were just plain wrong.
2. They lied.
3. They had no faith and decided to just produce or make up something to produce results or refute the word.

How does anyone know which case it was?
dds08
AG
That's not to mention all the hundreds of millions, perhaps billions, of "lost" souls who were swayed by this ideology, information, ideas, logic, whatever you want to call it and are now dead and gone.

What about all those who put their faith in the Big Bang?

Is someone gonna wake them up from the dead and tell them it was wrong?

This is so callous.
TexAgs91
AG
dds08 said:

The group of people/community that came up with the big bang, how can you distinguish their intentions/motives?

Three cases/possibilities:

1. They made an error and were just plain wrong.
2. They lied.
3. They had no faith and decided to just produce or make up something to produce results or refute the word.

How does anyone know which case it was?

You seriously hadn't heard about the receding galaxies and the background radiation?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Post removed:
by user
TexAgs91
AG
AstroAg17 said:

This dude hasn't looked at anything scientific since 10th grade. Why are you surprised?
Well he's got an ag tag. I'd hope he would have had to take a science course after the 10th grade.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Post removed:
by user
dds08
AG
TexAgs91 said:

AstroAg17 said:

This dude hasn't looked at anything scientific since 10th grade. Why are you surprised?
Well he's got an ag tag. I'd hope he would have had to take a science course after the 10th grade.
Those who are able to humble themselves, as children, will be greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Thanks for the compliment!
canadiaggie
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Are you Orthodox?

This is one of the underlying principles of Ismaili theology too.

He has not come into being that change or removal should be possible in Him. He is not affected in His Essence by recurrence of states, and aeons of nights and days differ not for Him. - Ali ibn Abi Talib
Zobel
AG
Yes I am.

Of course Christ is God in essence but also fully man, which is why the Incarnation is the chief of mysteries.
Star Wars Memes Only
Hi K2,

As others have stated, the metric describes the relationship between measurable physical things (points in spacetime). It doesn't make sense to me that it therefore follows that the description itself is somehow physically real. It seems analogous to me as using a sentence to describe a relationship between two things, and then insisting that the sentence is physically real. Again, that doesn't make sense to me. If you are talking about real in a different sense than "physically real" I think we're just disagreeing over definitions, and any dispute is semantic.
Zobel
AG
Sorry. In the context, I thought you were explaining that something that existed prior to a potential hot dense state / pre-matter state was still explainable by or subject to the metric.

In this regard it's as real as anything physical, because it would be true even before the universe as we know it was.

And yes, obviously math is not physically real - intangible and so on. Can't change a math equation by physically interacting with it, etc.
amercer
AG
I clearly needed to be more intoxicated when reading this thread, but I feel like there's something here I want to argue about.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.