When God and Parents conflict

3,898 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dds08
DirtDiver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
  • On moral standards that you know are Biblical try your very best not to compromise.
  • know the Bible well so that you do not have to guess at what's morally right or wrong.
  • Also know that you have failed and will fail again to live up to the perfect standard of a perfect God
  • Give thanks God often that He sent Jesus to die and rise again in your place.
  • Honor and respect your dad but to not obey commands or encouragements to sin.
  • The older you get the more you will see your parents mistakes, faults, and need for love and grace. It's heartbreaking but remember that they are broken and tempted to sin justed as much as we are.

Thank God that one day He promised to complete the work He started the moment that we first placed our faith in Jesus and that He will make us new and take the struggles of sin away.

-sown in dishonor, raised in honor

PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

Brotherly/Sisterly platonic love is a joke.
Huh? Sometimes it's hard to follow your posts. Is this something you believe?
GoneGirl
AG
So a friend's pastor said this "it's better to eat bluebell ice cream with friends than broccoli by yourself."

My husband and I were debating on what he meant by this.

He thinks the pastor is wrong - that he's saying it's better to go along and do something that's bad with friends rather than doing the right thing by yourself.

I think his meaning was it's better to be happy than to sulk by yourself. That you should congregate and be social. Ice cream is good.

For some reason, this just seemed to fit with this thread.

And it may also be why my butt is bigger than his.
MorgansPoint
AG
Vaya con Dios
dds08
AG
How does Exodus 20:12 fit into all this?

There are times when I know, without a doubt, in my heart that my parents are dead wrong on stuff.

Stuff they be saying and talking about., just sinful; polluting my mind with nonsense.

What do you do?

Case in point: I know it's wrong to be prejudice yet when they speak on certain things in a certain way, they set us all up for failure when it comes to interacting with the outside world and forming interpersonal relationships with our neighbors out there.

When I was younger I was guilty of doing this at school. Then when I got home they chastised me as if they themselves had no part in it.

They pull this same stuff today!

Psalm 1 says, "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers."

Well what was Jesus doing eating with all those robbers and thieves? Jesus is our model!

It seems there are exceptions. I repeat, there are exceptions.

dds08
AG
Exodus 31

14 "'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. 15 For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

Well Jesus said something to the effect of, if you're donkey is stuck in the ditch, and it so happens to be the Sabbath day, go help it out.

Exceptions. Exceptions. Exceptions.

Were people, humans, meant to be adults? I am starting to wonder if the Lord meant for us humans to be adults. After all, Adam and Eve were like children in the garden till they sinned. They had no children before they sinned.

Jesus said, whoever humbles themselves as this child will be greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Even for the "Children" of Israel. God Himself meant to be their king before they asked for a human, earthly king. They sinned by requesting an earthly king and aroused anger within God. They wanted to conform to all the other nations by having an earthly king. They took for granted they had the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Himself, on the throne to begin with all along.

I say all this because perhaps we weren't meant to be adults. The Heavenly Father, Holy Spirit, and Son were to be our parents and we were to be children of Him. His creation. Humans do the "parenting thing" so wrong at times.
dds08
AG
Ha ha.

So I pondered and re-read this and came to these thoughts.

Children do being a child so wrong at times; myself included.

I need to appreciate my parents, both the earthly ones and the heavenly Father, Holy Spirit, and Son.

Dear Lord,

Forgive me. I have sinned. Help me to humble myself as a child. Help me to appreciate and forgive my parents, family, friends, and all human beings.

Help me to have a spirit/attitude of gratitude.

Help me to assume the role of a child of the Lord.

I will have faith that you will take care of the wrongdoing and sinning of my earthly parents just fine. In the meantime, I will do my best to ignore it and not allow it into my heart.

Sincerely,
dds08

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.