Prayers for our daughter

995 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Diyala Nick
WC 06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For those of you who pray...

My wife and I are expecting our third child, a girl due in February. Last Friday we went for a 12 week sonogram with her perinatologist where he discovered that our baby has Cystic Hygroma (a large cyst filled with fluid situated between the spine and neck). Upon discovering the CH the doctor told us that there is a 75% chance that there is something significantly wrong with our baby's development. Most often CH is a symptom of a chromosomal abnormality such as Down Syndrome, Turners Syndrome, Trisomy 18, or Trisomy 13; however a previous blood test taken last week with my wife's general OB/GYN ruled each of those conditions out. At the appointment on Friday the doctor administered a much more comprehensive test for the complete array of chromosomal abnormalities that are possible and we will be getting the results sometime this week. If that test comes back clear then we will move on to addressing structural issues with the heart or possibly brain.

After giving us all the facts our doctor has said that the following are the most likely possibilities:
1) our daughter has a much more rare chromosomal abnormality that the previous test did not scan for. Most of the remaining chromosomal abnormalities that it could be are fatal, either in utero or a few hours after birth.
2) our daughter already has or will have severe heart defects
3) Hydrops (drops of fluid in the heart, lungs, or abdomen) could form which would be fatal
4) there is a 10% chance of a healthy birth and development.

Please pray specifically for the following:
-that the new test results will yield no chromosomal abnormalities
-that the Cystic Hygroma would begin to resolve
-that no hydrops would form

Thank you TexAgs and God bless!

PacifistAg
AG
Will definitely be praying. If you are in the Houston area and need anything at all, please feel free to email me at christianpacifist@hotmail.com.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
Zobel
AG
Prayers sent.
dermdoc
AG
Prayers sent.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Martin Q. Blank
Very sorry to hear. I am praying for you.
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
WestTxAgFan
just prayed
Doc Daneeka
Prayers sent
Kool
AG
Prayers for strength and healing sent. God bless you and your growing family
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UTExan
Prayers for your entire family and for healing.
TheG30
AG
Prayers lifted up
ryanb12thman
AG
Prayers sent
dermdoc
AG
And if you have any Med questions you can email me a wecollins77@gmail.com. God bless.
Frok
AG
Praying for you now.
JayAggie
AG
Praying for y'all
swimmerbabe11
Prayers sent, also in Houston if you need anything
Diyala Nick
AG
Prayers for you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.