Pretty Cool to Know- God is using you to love and help others

872 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tom Kazansky 2012
booboo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
True story told to me from a Brother in Christ (Joe). Happened about a month ago. My buddy is active in his faith- lives alone, widower, about 50 years old. Lives in apartment. He is a routine guy.

Joe takes trash out Friday morning to particular dumpster. However this Thursday night, he gets this urge/ feeling to get up and take trash out now. So he gets up to take trash out. He goes to dumpster on opposite end of complex (never goes there). And as he is throwing out Trash. He hears someone behind dumpster/wooden fence.

It is young guy (20s) with gun, sobbing. Joe asks- is everything all right? And quickly ascertains the guy is up to no good and was going to kill himself. My buddy would not leave. Tells him no one should die alone. He sits prays for man for 30 minutes, after the young man pleads with him over and over to leave him. Joe- kept telling him over and over- God sent me to you.

Long story less long- Joe speaks to the man for hours, they pray together (the young man is not religious at all, comes from broken home), he gives him a bible to read. Invites him to church. Joe offers him advice, and gets this young man hooked up with owner of the company who is strong Christian man.

Young man is on good path- raise at work, reconnecting with siblings, praying, stopping in to visit with Joe.

booboo91
How cool is it! when you realize (no doubt about it) God is using you to assist others. To lead others to the Way, the Truth and the Life. Joe knows it was not simply dumb luck that he just happened to be at the exact right place and right time to save this young man's life.

Repent, Turn to God, Pray, Go to Church.

dds08
AG
Phenomenal. That's quite an experience!

He works in mysterious ways!
PacifistAg
AG
Thanks for sharing! Awesome story! God is great.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
unimboti nkum
AG
Why doesn't God save the thousands of people who actually kill themselves every year?
booboo91
RetiredAg said:

God is great.
All the Time!
booboo91
unimboti nkum said:

Why doesn't God save the thousands of people who actually kill themselves every year?
God only knows but I would say:

1) Free Will- our choice. Only way you can get true love is with a choice.

2) God (loving father) wants us to live an abundant life. But we need to listen to his fatherly advice he gives us through prayer, bible, and people he brings into our life. Who refuse to leave, when we tell them too.

Note: the young man could of still pulled the trigger. But what he really needed was a friend (love).
Doc Daneeka
Texaggie7nine
Something good happens "God made it happen"
Something bad "Man made it happen"
7nine
Athanasius
AG
Providence!
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
unimboti nkum said:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.