Ten Year Old Goes to Heaven, Sees Future

1,325 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UTExan
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Warning: not for the faint of heart:

Quote:

Luke 21:26King James Version (KJV)

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
unimboti nkum
AG

Quote:

Warning: for the credulous:

fify
PacifistAg
AG
I'm leery of any of these "he went to heaven and came back" stories. I tend to agree w/ David Platt on this:

booboo91
RetiredAg said:

I'm leery of any of these "he went to heaven and came back" stories. I tend to agree w/ David Platt on this:

1) We can see in bible- God works through dreams and visions. what is book of Revelation? But a vision of Heaven- entire book of bible is about a vision! . Also there are many Catholic saints who walked the walk- saw glimpse- ecounters with God/Jesus/ Heaven and hell over the centuries:. St. Don Bosco, St. Catherine, St. Bernard are just a few.

2) So I disagree a bit with David Platt as he tries to down play folks in bible encountering heaven. That being said, agree with him in that not everything said about NDE- is true. Like everything else in our life: Some people tell truth, some are mistaken and some people lie. So we need to treat all of these encounters with some healthy skepticism but also realize God is at work. Got to looks of the fruits of the people making the claims, see how they live their life.

3) Also agree with David- when you encounter God (Father) folks are overcome by his power. There is no talking back, but just understanding. It is Fear of Lord, and Awe.

• When people encounter Jesus, they see very bright light, overcome by his Love, that is is life changing. they have huge sense of gratitude.

• When people see hell- they are truly petrified. Horrible, Scared to Death.
  • I find the consistency of these visions very very interesting.

4) My take is many NDE /Visions are true (private revelations) and it serves as a small glympse, reminder for us- there is a God, you will be judged there is heaven/hell. Repent and change your ways.
Sapper Redux
So I take it you believe Hindus are telling the truth about Hindu heaven and Buddhists the truth about Buddhist heaven? Here's the funny thing about NDE, they all magically manage to look exactly like what we've been culturally conditioned to accept.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

1) We can see in bible- God works through dreams and visions. what is book of Revelation? But a vision of Heaven- entire book of bible is about a vision! . Also there are many Catholic saints who walked the walk- saw glimpse- ecounters with God/Jesus/ Heaven and hell over the centuries:. St. Don Bosco, St. Catherine, St. Bernard are just a few.
I am not saying I don't think God can work through dreams and visions. The title of the thread is "Ten Year Old Goes to Heaven". He may have had a vision, but I don't believe he went to heaven. It's the claims that they were actually in heaven that I have issue with, and as Platt pointed out, they seem to always focus on trivial matters and never the incomprehensible glory of God.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Can't watch this at work, but the Bible is pretty clear about these things. Test the Spirits (and the prophets). One false prediction, or a command to turn away from God, and they are false prophets.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggrad08
AG
That makes Ezekiel a false prophet
Amazing Moves
Why does Jesus look like Kenny Loggins?
UTExan
Amazing Moves said:

Why does Jesus look like Kenny Loggins?
Well, he did say the "rock star dude".
Frok
AG
Demons disguised as aliens are going to start WW3 and eat everyone. That's gonna suck.
booboo91
Dr. Watson said:

So I take it you believe Hindus are telling the truth about Hindu heaven and Buddhists the truth about Buddhist heaven? Here's the funny thing about NDE, they all magically manage to look exactly like what we've been culturally conditioned to accept.

But they get step 1 correct! There is a God. Christian teaching God loves everyone- the good and the bad. He calls everyone, he puts right and wrong on our heart. And that is what we see with Nde- there is a God, he calls us to love, we will be judged on how we lived- loved in this life

Yes- where there is truth there is no conflict. So those religions that recognize there is a God- higher power - get this point right.

2+2=4 is the truth, does not matter where you learned it. Now if I don't understand calculus, does not mean that 2+2=4 is wrong. I just lack fullness of truth.

Also think of example of 4 blind men, touching different parts of elephant- can be viewed as us trying to understand all powerful God.

Polygon
Booboo missing the point again. Heaven just has different quadrants designed for different faiths, duh! That's why people see what they want to see!
kurt vonnegut
AG
Polygon said:

Booboo missing the point again. Heaven just has different quadrants designed for different faiths, duh! That's why people see what they want to see!

In my heaven, Salma Hayek will greet me with a beer in one hand and plate of smoked brisket in the other.
AggieRain
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

Polygon said:

In my heaven, Salma Hayek will greet me with a beer in one hand and plate of smoked brisket in the other.

I'm 2 out of 3 on the day.
Amazing Moves
Is the lyrics "Highway to the Danger Zone'' a metaphor for the narrow path?
kurt vonnegut
AG
AggieRain said:

kurt vonnegut said:

Polygon said:

I'm 2 out of 3 on the day.

I hope you get some brisket at dinner tonight then.
UTExan
Frok said:

Demons disguised as aliens are going to start WW3 and eat everyone. That's gonna suck.
Yes I suspect it will. Remember this oldie but goodie?

It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.