Fear/Anxiety Relief

1,987 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by agcrock2005
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any good scripture ideas or bible plans for this? I have a brain surgery on Aug 3rd and it's all I can think about. Need some relief ASAP! Thank you.
booboo91
Look up trust in lord. When you know God is there for you it brings peace.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

Much easier to go through difficult times when you do not fear.

Do all you can and then give everything to God.

Good luck praying for you

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Philippians 4 could be a good study, with an emphasis on verses 6-7 and 12-13. This is one of my favorites for encouragement through tough times.
DirtDiver
Psalm 90 has been my repeat chapter lately. Please let us know how it goes. Praying.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Download Charles Haddon Spurgeon's Morning & Evening devotional.
ramblin_ag02
AG
As someone who deals with these situations frequently, I'd throw in Daniel 3:16-18. Make your peace with all the possible outcomes, and there won't be anything left to be anxious about.

Even great, loving, devout Christians die, and our lives are God's to use as He sees fit. Even in a worst case scenario you know you have eternity waiting on the other side. Get comfortable with that and there's no more reason to worry.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agcrock2005
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Even great, loving, devout Christians die, and our lives are God's to use as He sees fit. Even in a worst case scenario you know you have eternity waiting on the other side. Get comfortable with that and there's no more reason to worry.
This is where I want to be! Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate them and will look into all suggestions.
Doc Daneeka
T&P buddy... You'll be fine
swimmerbabe11
Heavenly Father, in this hour of anxiety I pray for your divine presence and aid.
As the time of the operation draws near, I need a staff on which to lean. To whom shall I turn but to You, gracious Lord? You have created, redeemed, and sanctified me. I am Your beloved child in Christ. You will not forsake me as I cry to You for strength in my trouble and pain. I confess to You my unworthiness, my many weaknesses, an my transgressions. You mercifully forgive me for the sake of the sacrifice of Your dear Son, my precious Savior. Give wisdom and skill to the doctors and nurses, that all they do will bring about a speedy recovery in keeping with Your good, fatherly will. I commend myself into Your hands. While I slumber and sleep, watch over me. Take every fear out of my heart. Comfort me with the assurance of my salvation through the blood of Your Son, Jesus Christ, and grant me a faith that clings only to Him, who is the great and eternal cure for all sin, sickness, and death.
Your name I praise, O Lord of life and death. Hear my prayer for the sake of Your dear Son. Amen.
agcrock2005
AG
That is amazing! Thank you for sending. Forgive my ignorance...what's that from or did you come up with it?
swimmerbabe11
Comes out of the Lutheran prayer Book

It has many wonderful prayers in it.
https://www.cph.org/p-118-Lutheran-Book-of-Prayer-5th-Edition.aspx

There is one for illness and one after surgery as well

Illness
Quote:

Almighty God, with whom all things are possible, hear our prayer as we come to You in trouble and distress. You are our hiding place. You are our very present help in trouble. We have no other refuge in an hour like this. Gracious Lord, You can heal. Your grace can restore to health and give us strength to carry on. We know that You are compassionate, for You have sent Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer the death of the cross in order to redeem us and make us Your own. As You did not forsake Him, surely You will not abandon us in this time of great need. As You raised Him from the dead on the third day, so we ask that You would also raise us up with Him from this present danger. O Lord, we humble ourselves before You and confess our many sins. We pray, merciful Father, for Your grace hour by hour. Forgive us and restore us, for You have made us Your own children in Christ. Remove the worries and anxious fears that would crush us. Give us grace to trust in You, whose will is wiser than our own, for we have been baptized into the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Jesus, our Lord. Amen.

After Surgery
Quote:

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is in me, bless His holy name. O merciful Father in heaven, you have fulfilled Your promises to me and have been with me in my hour of anxiety and pain. When I was weak and helpless, You were my strength. I called upon You in the day of trouble, and You delivered me. Now I glorify You. You gave to the surgeon and medical team skilled hands that have brought me through this operation. You did not count my sins against me, but have graciously forgiven them for Christ's sake. O precious Father, continue Your mercies and, if it be Your will, grant me a full and speedy recovery. Bless me with a restful day and refreshing sleep this night. As You watch over me in these coming days of recovery, grant me patience, and let my thoughts dwell on Your goodness. You are my Shepherd, I shall not want. O gracious Father, I cast all my cares upon You, for You care for me. Hear my prayer for the sake of Jesus Christ. Amen.
agcrock2005
AG
These are great. Thank you very much. I look forward to using the "After Surgery" one in 8 days!!
swimmerbabe11
My calendar is marked and I will be happy to pray it with you!
agcrock2005
AG
Pre-op this morning. Is 152 over 86 bad for blood pressure??
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Pre-op this morning. Is 152 over 86 bad for blood pressure??

So...many...awesome....drugs. I'm in ICU right now and feel great!
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
AstroAg17 said:

So this is post-surgery?

Yep. Had major brain surgery this morning and have been awake and making jokes (just as bad as before) for last 8 hours. Time to start doing the post surgery prayer that swimmer posted!! Glad it's over!
agcrock2005
AG
I SURVIVED SURGERY!

Here's a few pics from my last 5 days...sorry if some are too gruesome.
Wednesday (8/2) day before surgery

Thursday (8/3) 15 mins after surgery. Apparently wide awake making fun of my brother and buddies. Very drugged up so I don't remember much of it.

Friday (8/4) with less pain meds. Wasn't feeling too great but kept being reminded it had been only 24 hours. That's surgical gauze rather than nasty puss. Again, sorry if too gross.

Sunday (8/6) Little guy didn't care that dad looked like Frankenstein. Pretty special moment for me!

Today (8/7) after finally getting a little sleep. Hadn't slept but 5 hours since Wednesday until last night when I got 8.

ramblin_ag02
AG
That's awesome!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieRain
AG
Dude...that scar is going to be badass...congrats on your successful surgery, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
swimmerbabe11
Oh how wonderful! The pic of you and your boy is so stinkin precious!!
agcrock2005
AG
Thank you and especially thanks for the prayers you sent over. They were very helpful.
RioAg79
agcrock2005,
I just teared up reading this thread. I thank Almighty GOD for guiding you through your ordeal, and I will pray that HE will give you a speedy and complete recovery. That is a beautiful picture of you and your son. May GOD bless you and your family.

swimmerbabe11,
Thank you for offering the prayers that you posted for agcrock2005. If I may, I will use these prayers in times of need.

Gig 'em,
Joe
agcrock2005
AG
Thank you very much.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.