Worst new poster?

5,728 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Doc Daneeka
Marco Esquandolas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is it?
Doc Daneeka
Marco Esquandolas said:

Who is it?
marco esquandolas

who is probably catholic and does not like my view of the catholic church...
Marco Esquandolas
AG
Im not new. Your response is invalid.
Doc Daneeka
Marco Esquandolas said:

Im not new. Your response is invalid.
um ok
PacifistAg
AG
There are no bad posters. I love them all, although some make me want to buy some stars for the ignore function. Swimmer made it sound so appealing the other day.
AggieRain
AG
RetiredAg said:

There are no bad posters.

Look up.
Doc Daneeka
There is a certain irony for a religious board to have a thread titled "worst new poster"

hahaha

but ill wear that honor like a badge!
PacifistAg
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

There is a certain irony for a religious board to have a thread titled "worst new poster"

hahaha

but ill wear that honor like a badge!

Technically, it's a religion AND philosophy board.
Zobel
AG
I ain't skeered. New poster? Doc Daneeka. Not because he/she is a protestant triumphalist or ignorant of basic history, political philosophy, or theology... but because he/she is a troll and a liar in his/her own words.

This is a big boy board for people to be nice and discuss things with at least a little bit of thought and respect. It's not that hard.

If you want to troll people go to general or old rivalries. If you want to flame bait go to politics. If you want to unscrew the inscrutable over a beer, post her. Or gtfo.
jkag89
Sapper Redux
Of course, you know that it matters intensely what kind of beer the discussion is happening over. This board has standards.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Of course, you know that it matters intensely what kind of beer the discussion is happening over. This board has standards.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Marco Esquandolas said:

Who is it?

Just to clarify... does it count if it is only an alleged sock of a previous poster??
Zobel
AG
Tonight was Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Golden IPA. I recommend highly.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Marco Esquandolas said:

Who is it?

Just to clarify... does it count if it is only an alleged sock of a previous poster??

I don't see why not.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
I just sent off a book chapter manuscript so i'm doin a Singha + red pineapple curry > Pinedrops IPA > Casa Noble anejo.
747Ag
AG
Not around enough lately to weigh in on the OP.

However, tonight is our local G.K. Chesterton book club meet-up... reading the Outline of Sanity.

Libations are required... going for the Jai Alai.

PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

local G.K. Chesterton book club meet-up.

That. Sounds. Awesome.
Frok
AG
G.K. Chesterton book club with beer? Awesome.

I would love to do something like that. However I doubt I could find one much less a whole group of other guys interested.

747Ag
AG
Do a search for your area code and Chesterton. Depending on your metro area (Houston, Dallas, etc...), there maybe many due to size. These groups will be mostly Catholic folks, but good discussions typically ensue.

We are 321 Chesterton.
Beer Baron
AG
The ignore function is fantastic. You just have to use it sparingly - disagreeing with someone isn't a good reason to use it because you end up not understanding what's going on in a conversation. As long as it's someone who contributes absolutely nothing, it's a solid use of the function. I've only used it on 2 people, one of which I believe would be of particular benefit to you.
PacifistAg
AG
Beer Baron said:

The ignore function is fantastic. You just have to use it sparingly - disagreeing with someone isn't a good reason to use it because you end up not understanding what's going on in a conversation. As long as it's someone who contributes absolutely nothing, it's a solid use of the function. I've only used it on 2 people, one of which I believe would be of particular benefit to you.
Since you're replying to me, that tells me I'm not one of the two. Yes!!!

BTW, where have you been? Missed seeing you around here.
Beer Baron
AG
I lurk, but my pet issue just isn't discussed around these parts as much anymore for some reason. It's almost like life has just gone on as usual for everyone.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
The Knights Of Columbus is the world's largest Catholic Family Fraternal Organization. It is said about the Knights, "Wherever you find 4 Knights of Columbus, you are sure to find a fifth"

I find this to often be true.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
Frok
AG
747Ag said:

Do a search for your area code and Chesterton. Depending on your metro area (Houston, Dallas, etc...), there maybe many due to size. These groups will be mostly Catholic folks, but good discussions typically ensue.

We are 321 Chesterton.

I would love a group that is open to catholic, reformed, and arminian theologians. Let's have some drinks and hash it all out.

Doc Daneeka
I'm not gonna lie.. I am huge fan of Chesterton... Even though he is a despicable catholic
PacifistAg
AG
Beer Baron said:

I lurk, but my pet issue just isn't discussed around these parts as much anymore for some reason. It's almost like life has just gone on as usual for everyone.
So, what you're saying is we need more seamaster threads.
747Ag
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

I'm not gonna lie.. I am huge fan of Chesterton... Even though he is a despicable catholic
Yeah, we suck. Then again, we have redeeming qualities like funny hats, capes, swords, fish fries, bingo, a fantastic brewing tradition, and really awesome wedding receptions.
AggieRain
AG
747Ag said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Yeah, we suck. Then again, we have redeeming qualities like funny hats, capes, swords, fish fries, bingo, a fantastic brewing tradition, and really awesome wedding receptions.

Open bar
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

Doc Daneeka said:

How can you hate a group that gives us men brave enough to dress like this?

Doc Daneeka
Capes and swords! Yes
747Ag
AG
You don't have to be Swiss to get funny hats, capes and swords... just a 4th Degree member of the KofC.

PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

You don't have to be Swiss to get funny hats, capes and swords... just a 4th Degree member of the KofC.

You're really trying to get me to come over to the dark side aren't you? "It may be dark, but we're dressed fabulously!"
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

747Ag said:

You're really trying to get me to come over to the dark side aren't you? "It may be dark, but we're dressed fabulously!"
C'mon over. The fish is fried, and the beer is cold. I'll make sure you get you a Form 100 (and eventually a Form 4). SoulSlave can hook you up with RCIA. We'll even teach you some Latin.
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

RetiredAg said:

747Ag said:

C'mon over. The fish is fried, and the beer is cold. I'll make sure you get you a Form 100 (and eventually a Form 4). SoulSlave can hook you up with RCIA. We'll even teach you some Latin.
Hmmmm no can do. I try to steer clear of fried foods. And the Church of Christ potlucks are off the hook. Plus, I am not a fan of making blood sacrifices to Mary. Y'all do that, right?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.