Crafty Protestants. . . .

3,717 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Zobel
kurt vonnegut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teaching our future robot overlords to embrace religion!

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/30/robot-priest-blessu-2-germany-reformation-exhibition

Doc Daneeka
Protestants. The only ones to truly understand the gospel.
swimmerbabe11
A) That's wierd.

B) My VBS thread was evidence of a Crafty protestant.

( Get it? It's a pun. )
PacifistAg
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

Which Protestants? I mean, considering the variance of theological positions held by the thousands of Protestant denominations, it would be helpful to know which one exactly "truly understands the gospel".
PacifistAg
AG
First...an option to be blessed in a female voice?! Blasphemy! How can they bless when they're to be silent?

Second...how long before the robots start to believe they're god and then turn on their human creators?
swimmerbabe11
You know how I know its not a WELS church?
swimmerbabe11
These would be great substitutes for the crazy street corner tract people.
Doc Daneeka
RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Which Protestants? I mean, considering the variance of theological positions held by the thousands of Protestant denominations, it would be helpful to know which one exactly "truly understands the gospel".

any denomination that doesn't teach works are required for salvation...

But Only belief in jesus...
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

These would be great substitutes for the crazy street corner tract people.
Oh man, I grew up in those churches. Every Wednesday, load up the bus, go door to door and hand out tracts that try to scare people to Jesus. But, we had to do it if we wanted to play on the basketball team.
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

You know how I know its not a WELS church?
Oh, I'm not sure exactly what a WELS church is, but I'm confident they aren't the right kind of Protestant. They need to be Baptist....just like Jesus.
jkag89
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, WELS Lutheran churches believe scripture reserve the pastoral ministry to men only and since the robot had a female voice option obviously not a WELS creation.
swimmerbabe11
They don't vote in Church meetings, hold laity leadership positions, lead music (I think, don't quote me on that one), or perform any scripture readings during service or help distribute communion.

I'm LCMS and sometimes they make us look liberal (comparatively)
PacifistAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod, WELS Lutheran churches believe scripture reserve the pastoral ministry to men only and since the robot had a female voice option obviously not a WELS creation.

Ah, thanks.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

Decades of studying the Bible and answering Evangelical Christians with their questions and still didn't truly understand the gospel. How sad.
AggieRain
AG
jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Decades of studying the Bible and answering Evangelical Christians with their questions and still didn't truly understand the gospel. How sad.
Good article. Thanks for posting!
PacifistAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Excellent article. It's amazing how one decision wiped away all of his gospel understanding.
747Ag
AG
Which blessing do I need? Well, it's not exactly for me, but...

V. Our help is in the name of the Lord.
R. Who made heaven and earth.
V. The Lord be with you.
R. And with thy spirit.
Let us pray.
Bless, + O Lord, this creature beer, which thou hast deigned to produce from the fat of grain: that it may be a salutary remedy to the human race, and grant through the invocation of thy holy name; that, whoever shall drink it, may gain health in body and peace in soul. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

In Latin:
V. Adjutorium nostrum in nomine Domini.
R. Qui fecit caelum et terram.
V. Dominus vobiscum.
R. Et cum spiritu tuo.
Oremus.
Bene+dic, Domine, creaturam istam cerevisae, quam ex adipe frumenti producere dignatus es: ut sit remedium salutare humano generi: et praesta per invocationem nominis tui sancti, ut, quicumque ex ea biberint, sanitatem corporis, et animae tutelam percipiant. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen
Zobel
AG
As God intended.

Edit - wait, laity leadership positions? Why not? That's silly.
Kool
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Are there denominations that do teach that works are required for salvation?
I know that isn't the teaching of my particular faith.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a2.htm
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
depends on your definition of "works"
Zobel
AG
Yeah. A choice to repent or believe are totally not works.
Amazing Moves
Quote:

"We wanted people to consider if it is possible to be blessed by a machine, or if a human being is needed,"
I like how it throws up it's hands.

Whether the blessing is from a person or, machine.. the service provided is about as reliable as this.

Doc Daneeka
Kool said:

Doc Daneeka said:

RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Are there denominations that do teach that works are required for salvation?
I know that isn't the teaching of my particular faith.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a2.htm
yes catholics
jkag89
For a person that claims to be both a Protestant and a Catholic, your understanding of both (based upon your posts here) are really quite lacking.
Doc Daneeka
jkag89 said:

For a person that claims to be both a Protestant and a Catholic, your understanding of both (based upon your posts here) are really quite lacking.
from your posts i would guess you are 13...

its not my fault the protestant reformation thwarted the catholics from having their worldwide catholic caliphate...

PacifistAg
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

its not my fault the protestant reformation thwarted the catholics from having their worldwide catholic caliphate...

Are you doing your "I'm gonna act like a 4 yr old" schtick again?
Doc Daneeka
RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

nah im just pointing out factual history ...
PacifistAg
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Okay. Well, since you're not going to act like a 4 yr old this time, and will presumably act maturely, can you finally tell us what Protestant denomination you belong to? Or are you still worried about sullying the reputation of your denomination?
Doc Daneeka
RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Okay. Well, since you're not going to act like a 4 yr old this time, and will presumably act maturely, can you finally tell us what Protestant denomination you belong to? Or are you still worried about sullying the reputation of your denomination?
the fact that you want to know is because you want to attack it...

the catholic church however preaches doctrine foreign to the gospel of christ
jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

PacifistAg
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

RetiredAg said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

the fact that you want to know is because you want to attack it...

the catholic church however preaches doctrine foreign to the gospel of christ
No, I really don't want to attack. Heck, for all I know, we belong to the same denomination. You keep talking broadly of Protestantism as if they're some monolithic bloc. It would be helpful in discussing with you if we knew the perspective you are coming from.
jkag89
Sorry everyone, I shouldn't have taken the troll's bait. Just once I hoped he would actually be willing to discuss instead of lobbing grenade.
Doc Daneeka
i tried having a convo on this board in a serious manner a few days ago. but realized it was futile.

the anti-protestant insults i received has made me realize that Catholics are just like Muslims... there is no dialogue... the dialogue is either convert or ridicule...

But i do want to spread the message that the catholic church is preaching dogma that is opposite to the gospel of Christ...

Christ's new covenant was not based on rituals... he died for our sins and freed us from the jewish shackles of ritualism in the law...

the catholic church took the keys from the jews and turned around and threw the shackles back on the people...

Because it was not just a religious movement.. but also a political one... just like islam...

jkag89
Sorry everyone, I shouldn't have taken the troll's bait. Just once I hoped he would actually be willing to actually join a discussion rather than lob grenades or post simple evasive answers to inquiries.
Quote:

the anti-protestant insults i received has made me realize that Catholics are just like Muslims... there is no dialogue... the dialogue is either convert or ridicule...
Where? I've read nothing of the kind here. Any ridicule was directed at your supposedly serious dialouge not at Reformed or Evangelical Christianity.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.