Concerning Genesis 2

1,577 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DirtDiver
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
God rested on the 7th day. What if instead of working 6 days, God worked 10? Would he have to rest 2 days? What if he worked a year straight. Would he need medical attention?
swimmerbabe11
So is Doc Daneeka your sock?
unimboti nkum
AG
You should always let meat rest for several minutes before slicing/serving. Hth.
Pro Sandy
AG
Clearly proof that the 2 day weekend is the work of the devil.
Texaggie7nine
Did he watch football on his day of rest?
7nine
FlyFish95
John Lennox has short, but interesting book on this topic.
kurt vonnegut
AG
And on the 14th day he smoked all the marijuana . . . . just to try the first batch.
Amazing Moves
My question is..

Why do some christians believe that those weren't just normal 24 hour days? Is there scripture that confirms a day to god is a much longer time slot?
Zobel
AG
"But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day." Is in 2 Peter 3

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it passes by, Or as a watch in the night
TexAgs91
AG
k2aggie07 said:

"But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day." Is in 2 Peter 3

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it passes by, Or as a watch in the night
It's amazing. Everytime someone brings up this smokescreen, most people fail to mention that it's not just the length of the days that don't make sense, it's the order of events that's wrong too. The stars did not come after the Earth. Sure, a few did, but not all of them.

Zobel
AG
Who said I was a literalist? I was just answering the mans question.
TexAgs91
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Who said I was a literalist? I was just answering the mans question.
Ok... I'm not shooting the messenger
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Amazing Moves
k2aggie07 said:

So that would make the universe 13,000 years old? Right?
Zobel
AG
Not sure? A day is a thousand years makes each year 365,250 years and some change right?
Premium
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I just pulled this from another thread since we're talking about a thousand years.

UTExan said:

Revelation 20:
Quote:

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

So they lived and reigned with Christ for one day to reverse the math. Which makes no sense.
TexAgs91
AG
So if a day is naturally assumed to be 1000 years, what would it be called in Genesis if it really was a 24hr day? A millisecond?
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Amazing Moves
k2aggie07 said:

Not sure? A day is a thousand years makes each year 365,250 years and some change right?
or.. 13 days+ in total? We have recorded 24 hour days since the supposed fall of man? 6000+ = 6 days right?

Are we just in super slow mo or, something? Is every millennium the real day?

Does all of this not seem peculiar to you?
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
I think a literalist approach isn't warranted by the text.

One day is like. A thousand years like. A thousand year like yesterday or a watch. It's poetic not scientific. The takeaway is timelessness, not a transfer function between man-time and God-time.
DirtDiver
Context always helps....

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thosand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Since God is not giving the formula for day = age theory, what is He trying to communicate to His audience with this simile?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.