Concerning Genesis 6

891 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Doc Daneeka
Doc Daneeka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who were the "sons of God" who married the "daughters of man". The reference of "sons of God" could not be angels because angels are presumed to be sexless.. Matthew 22:30 says in heaven people will neither marry nor be given in marriage... implying there is no gender.. but could be interpreted differently

The progeny of "sons of God" and "daughters of Man" were called "Nephilim". What did the Nephilim look like? Where are they now? Where did they go? Did they survive the Deluge?
ramblin_ag02
AG
We discussed this a bit pretty recently. Feel free to add.

https://texags.com/forums/15/topics/2854035
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Doc Daneeka
That is awesome! Your second post blew my mind i never noticed that!

Faithful Ag
I would chime in and offer my $.02 but being Catholic I apparently don't know my Bible and am unable to think for myself.

ramblin_ag02
AG
I can't take credit for it. It's as old as any other explanation of these things
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Doc Daneeka
ramblin_ag02 said:

I can't take credit for it. It's as old as any other explanation of these things
i would say that Dirt explanation is also a valid interpretation.
AggieRain
AG
Faithful Ag said:

I would chime in and offer my $.02 but being Catholic I apparently don't know my Bible and am unable to think for myself.

Doc Daneeka
Faithful Ag said:

This is true.

commando2004
AG
The original Hebrew is "bene ha-elohim". While "Elohim" is sometimes used as a name of God, it's not exclusive to Him: It's also used for false gods, angels, judges, and Moses. The translation here would more accurately be "sons of the powerful", not necessarily of God.

Rabbi Singer (yeah, I know he's an unpopular figure here) discussed this question on his most recent show.
Doc Daneeka
i actually read that explanation this weekend after my post. Very interesting
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.