The Reformation: Return to Truth or Tragic Mistake?

7,947 Views | 340 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Doc Daneeka
BlackGoldAg2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not catholic. Currently a member of a baptist church and would consider myself an evangelical if forced to pick a label.
Doc Daneeka
Ok genius
Aggrad08
AG
Ugh, can we keep politics board level cognition, historical knowledge, and argumentation over there.
Doc Daneeka
jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Remember when Paul scolded Peter for sitting at the table with the circumcised Jewish Christians and not the gentile Christians...

So your St. Paul are you. It never fails to sadden me how some use scripture to justify their own boorish behavior especially when they know so little about what they speak.
This literally could be used as a metaphor for the relationship between catholics and protestants. Peter was disciple to the jews and paul was disciple to the gentiles. Peter (in the story) could not fully embrace christ without letting go of his jewish custom. Could be because of comfort, or fear, or pride.... whatever it was, it was not faith in Jesus' sacrifice...

Why does peter cling to a law that has been abolished and replaced by the new convenant?

The catholic church is peter. It has not fully understood the Gospel.
Sigh. You know nothing about my relationship with Christ. Look at yourself when you speak of pride. Your own pride will not let you look at the Catholic Church (even with all its faults) for what it really is, not the bogeyman you believe it to be.
yea youre right... i really need to forget about the hundres of thousandas of souls and bones left in the dirt of europe for a KING/PRIEST in the vatican who needed to rule jerusalem...

or the thousands of people burned at the stake in town squares ...

or irish cathoilcs setting car bombs for innocent protestants...

youre right...

sorry great and holy church..

give me a break..

catholics have no room to speak down to muslims...
A good Western Civilization course would also do you wonders.
You can thank the protestants for those.
AggieRain
AG
Doc makes Meek look civilized...
jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Remember when Paul scolded Peter for sitting at the table with the circumcised Jewish Christians and not the gentile Christians...

So your St. Paul are you. It never fails to sadden me how some use scripture to justify their own boorish behavior especially when they know so little about what they speak.
This literally could be used as a metaphor for the relationship between catholics and protestants. Peter was disciple to the jews and paul was disciple to the gentiles. Peter (in the story) could not fully embrace christ without letting go of his jewish custom. Could be because of comfort, or fear, or pride.... whatever it was, it was not faith in Jesus' sacrifice...

Why does peter cling to a law that has been abolished and replaced by the new convenant?

Sigh. You know nothing about my relationship with Christ. Look at yourself when you speak of pride. Your own pride will not let you look at the Catholic Church (even with all its faults) for what it really is, not the bogeyman you believe it to be.
yea youre right... i really need to forget about the hundres of thousandas of souls and bones left in the dirt of europe for a KING/PRIEST in the vatican who needed to rule jerusalem...

youre right...

give me a break..

Then take advantage, you are in desperate need of one.
Doc Daneeka
jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

youre right...

give me a break..

Then take advantage, you are in desperate need of one.

Savage burn lol
jkag89
Did not mean it as a burn, it was meant as sound advice. You have a very skewed view of history.
Doc Daneeka
jkag89 said:

Did not mean it as a burn, it was meant as sound advice. You have a very skewed view of history.

Sorry oh great and wise omnipotent one... Youre right... Protestants are nothing but a small bleep in the world wide Catholic caliphate ... Lol
jkag89
You just can't help digging that deeper, can you .
Piercing Mae
AG
And some messed up theology.
Doc Daneeka
Piercing Mae said:

Protestants fully grasp the gospel. Hth
AggieRain
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

Piercing Mae said:

Which denomination claims this fully grasping?
PacifistAg
AG
AggieRain said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Piercing Mae said:

Which denomination claims this fully grasping?
His denomination. Of course, he won't let us know what it is because, according to him, it would cause others to look unfavorably on it due to his immature behavior.

The telling thing is that he cares more about protecting the reputation of his denomination than he does the witness of the church in general. He's fine having nonbelievers see his behavior and causing a negative opinion of Christianity in general. Just don't think poorly of his denomination. I think that's called idolatry.
swimmerbabe11
The mute button is so fun.

Why havent I tried this more often.
jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

Piercing Mae said:

If Protestants "fully grasp the gospel" how come there is such disparity among them. Some are OK with infant baptism, others are not. Some see communion/The Lord's Supper as symbolic, others profess the Real Presence. Some are retain elements of high church (those silly dumb rituals), some are low church. I could go on.
PacifistAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

Piercing Mae said:

If Protestants "fully grasp the gospel" how come there is such disparity among them. Some are OK with infant baptism, others are not. Some see communion/The Lord's Supper as symbolic, others profess the Real Presence. Some are retain elements of high church (those silly dumb rituals), some are low church. I could go on.
Yeah, it seems ridiculous to lump all Protestants together, as if their practices or views on Scriptural interpretation are uniform.

As someone that's gone to Fundie Baptist, Southern Baptist, Church of Christ and Mennonite churches, I can assure you that there is such a range of practices and views on the Gospel. It would be much easier to address his claim, however, if he were simply honest about what his actual denomination is.
Doc Daneeka
I'm actually Catholic.
Doc Daneeka
A priest was riding on a public bus on the way home from working with the poor. A drunk stumbles on the bus, cursing, and smelling of booze and sits near to the priest. There is a newspaper on the seat next to the drunk. The drunk picks it up and starts reading it. The drunk then stops and looks at the priest and says "father, what causes arthritis?". The priest taking advantage of the situation says, "well excessive drinking, gambling, and fornicating with prostitutes". The drunk looks up at the priest and says "the newspaper says the Pope has arthritis."
jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

I'm actually Catholic.
I figured you were likely a lying when you claimed to be a girl considering your user name. Wouldn't Nurse Duckett or Dreedle's WAC be a more appropriate for a female?
Doc Daneeka
jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

I'm actually Catholic.
I figured you were likely a lying when you claimed to be a girl considering your user name. Wouldn't Nurse Duckett or Dreedle's WAC be a more appropriate for a female?

If everything I say is true.... can I be a troll?
jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

jkag89 said:

Doc Daneeka said:

I'm actually Catholic.

If everything I say is true.... can I be a troll?
You have made conflicting statements, how can everything you say be true?
Doc Daneeka
What have I said that's conflicting? ...
jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

What have I said that's conflicting? ...
You claimed to be a Mainstream Protestant and a Catholic. Which are you?
Doc Daneeka
I'm both. Is that not allowed? I go to both
jkag89
Doc Daneeka said:

I'm both. Is that not allowed? I go to both
There is more to being Catholic than simply attending mass.
Doc Daneeka
I know

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.