God's Command to Genocide certain Canaanite Tribes

14,680 Views | 293 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by canadiaggie
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great discussion about the reasons God commanded Israel to wipe out certain Canaanite tribes: hint-they weren't completely human.

fahraint
When I wipe out a fireant mound, I kill the larvae too.....they have done nothing wrong as larvae, but they will sting as soon as they are able, and I know what they are destined to become
Aggrad08
AG
hitler reasoned the same when killing jewish children. It made as much sense then.
fahraint
However the Jews didn't harm anybody, and still don't....you have a flaw in your thinking
Aggrad08
AG
Some jews did and do. The flaw is treating any group as homogeneous and it's far exacerbated by the mind numbing stupidity of punishing babes. To use a less modern example, often whites and native Americans made such judgements in the extermination of each other.
fahraint
The Jews did nothing to deserve what Hitler did, you should be ashamed for even bringing up the comparison, it reveals your anti-Semitism. That said, Hamas reiterated today their goal is to "liberate" "Palestine" from the river to the sea......are you in line with that?

All the Palestinians need to do for peace is to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.......and peace can happen, until then, it wont
fahraint
"The fool says there is no God".....so much for mind numbing stupidity aggrad
Aggrad08
AG
fahraint said:

The Jews did nothing to deserve what Hitler did, you should be ashamed for even bringing up the comparison, it reveals your anti-Semitism.
Are you trying to be dumb? I literally made the comparison because it wasn't justified. It was a fools thinking, just like in the bible.

Quote:

That said, Hamas reiterated today their goal is to "liberate" "Palestine" from the river to the sea......are you in line with that?

Nope, I'm not stupid. Supporting genocide is something stupid people do. Now tell me some more about how whites and native american's were correct in their slaughter of children based on the action of their parents

Aggrad08
AG
The bible says lot's of things that aren't true. It's par for the course.
fahraint
The people supporting genocide are yours aggrad.....not the Jews
Aggrad08
AG
Lol. You support genocide. In this very thread you compare babes to venomous insects. I don't support the genocide of any people at any time in history.
fahraint
In fact the Jews treat their wounded enemies...to their credit.....
fahraint
I have not advocated for genocide, another of your lies. Unlike your Palestinian brethren....who daily advocate for Jew extermination
Aggrad08
AG
So you are honestly trying to say you weren't defending the slaugher of chlidren by the larvae comparison. That's what you are going with? Ok then, what were you speaking of?

And I'm not Palestinian. They aren't my brothers, I don't support those radicals among them. I find their views as backwards as your own.
fahraint
I don't care if your Palestinian or not, they are your brother. "Palestinian" is a fabrication, which you know as well as me.

If God decides to destroy His creation for His purpose, that is His right, by whatever means He decides, flood, war, fire.....who are you to argue with the Creator?
Aggrad08
AG
I don't argue with the creator you and your bible certainly don't speak for anyone that might exist. I only argue with the fools who would murder babes and delude themselves into thinking it was for his glory.
fahraint
Your argument is not with me, it is with the Creator....If He decides to wipe out the earth with His judgment, that is His right as Creator.
Aggrad08
AG
Religion ladies and gentlemen.
fahraint
The fool says in his heart there is no God...

It's also dishonest for you to imply I would murder babies......really, it's your side that does that
Aggrad08
AG
This was very fun
fahraint
The lines are certainly drawn, and from that aspect it is indeed gratifying!
fahraint
Here is a great read today from Daniel Greenfield regarding the Redemption of Israel, for those interested

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-redemption-of-israel.html

Post removed:
by user
Rusty Aha
AG
Duncan Idaho
I am not sure if it was this kind of old testament nonsense or the "heaven is a physical place with streets of gold and levels of reward" new testament nonsense that drove me the furthest from my faith.

Rocag
AG
So you're saying that if God told you to do so you would say no? And the argument that he would never do that is negated by the belief expressed oh the Bible that he had done so in the past.
schmendeler
AG
fahraint said:

The Jews did nothing to deserve what Hitler did, you should be ashamed for even bringing up the comparison, it reveals your anti-Semitism. That said, Hamas reiterated today their goal is to "liberate" "Palestine" from the river to the sea......are you in line with that?

All the Palestinians need to do for peace is to recognize Israel as a Jewish state.......and peace can happen, until then, it wont

What a hilariously unintended self skewering.
Silent For Too Long
Are you saying if God came to you and prove to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was the most powerful being in the universe and he had a reason and a plan for all things you would refuse him on anything?

No being would.
UTExan
Aggrad08 said:

Religion ladies and gentlemen.
James 4:4King James Version (KJV)

4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

2 Peter 3:3-4King James Version (KJV)
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

1 Corinthians 3:19 (KJ2000)
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness.

UTExan
TampaBayAg said:

UTExan, if you get a moment, would you please email me @ <ephes28910 at gmail dot com>???

(I appreciate your interest in the Nephilim and you're one of a handful of people I've come across who was familiar with the research of Chris Putnam).
Done. Email is sent.
Rocag
AG
If he's so powerful he can make it work without me committing genocide. No thanks.
boboguitar
AG
Well this thread was a surprising delight.
fahraint
If there is a Creator, he is justified to judge it by whatever means He chooses, even women and babies......the Flood killed many more women and children than the Israelites, and the coming judgment by fire will destroy even more......this doesnt mean believers support or condone genocide, it is a fact many believers spend their lives working against it

Moses met face to face with God, and was told to destroy an evil nation, and that was His prerogative as Judge....I suppose that is a stumbling block for many who have said as much here.

I'm not playing your hypothetical........Silent answered well enough

Most believers acknowledge that God has a right to judge, and would be justified to destroy His Creation entirely, unbelievers reject the concept of a God who has the right to judge....that is the crux of the disagreement
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.