** Poll and Inquiry: Traditonal Latin Mass Support for St Mary's **

3,540 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 747Ag
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
_89,

How do you reconcile these two statements - one by you and one by St. Athanasius?

Quote:

And, I do not agree with your assessment of the TLM leading to schism as there are those of us that see the Holy Roman Mass like a coin with 2 sides - same Church with 2 Forms.

Quote:

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ."
texag_89
No problem.

Because they are both True. Ie: Eternal, Immutable and noncontradictory.
texag_89
TTT

I was hoping for more Aggie Catholics faithful to the Mass of 10,000 Saints.

Your support will be greatly appreciated and added unto you just as it was to Abraham!!

Deo Gratias!

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
We are faithful to the Holy Mass and to the Church. To insinuate otherwise is disingenuous to your prior claims in the thread.

ETA: wrong emoticon. Sorry. Was supposed to be sad face. I'm not angry.
jkag89
I believe this article is relevant here -

The Key Question of Every Liturgy
by Msgr. Charles Pope
747Ag
AG
Excellent read. Bishop Barron has made a similar point, one that I wholeheartedly endorse: transcendent beauty as a means to evangelize.
wbt5845
AG
texag_89 said:

No problem.

Because they are both True. Ie: Eternal, Immutable and noncontradictory.
Yeah, see, I can't reason it that way. You suggest both are valid, "two sides of the same coin", and yet then post a quote that suggests only those close to tradition are the true Catholics. Kinda hard to reconcile those.

As I said, those who go exclusively to the EF of the Mass seem to eventually believe they are the only true Catholics. I'm sure there's exceptions, but I've yet to meet them.
747Ag
AG
Try Saint Peter's in Waco. The folks you describe are the exception rather than the rule.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
747Ag said:

Try Saint Peter's in Waco. The folks you describe are the exception rather than the rule.

While anicdotal, I can attest to this statement in my experience with the Latineer's, as I call them. All that I have met in Waco are very kind and to my knowledge wouldn't make the type of statements that _89 has said on this thread. However, before I assign a malicious denigration tone to his posts, I think we should give him the charitable benefit of the doubt and ascribe his posts to enthusiasm and being on fire instead.
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

747Ag said:

While anicdotal, I can attest to this statement in my experience with the Latineer's, as I call them. All that I have met in Waco are very kind and to my knowledge wouldn't make the type of statements that _89 has said on this thread. However, before I assign a malicious denigration tone to his posts, I think we should give him the charitable benefit of the doubt and ascribe his posts to enthusiasm and being on fire instead.
Yes, SoulSlave has broken bread, usually liquid bread, with several current and one former member of that community.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.