R- Appreciation of senses

1,328 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dds08
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As much as I appreciate having the ability to hear, so much so that I covet the ability, I wouldn't want it if I were to be placed in a situation where all I could hear for eternity was weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I would rather go deaf. Hypothetically speaking of course.
PacifistAg
AG
An eternity without showering? In that kind of heat. Take my sense of smell away.
dds08
AG
As much as I covet sex....

I wouldn't want a reproduction organ if I was raped everyday.

Hypothetically speaking of course.
dds08
AG
As much as I covet the ability to speak...

I wouldn't want a mouth if the only things spoken to me, for eternity, were truthful things about myself, that were, potentially, condemning, hateful, caused dissonance, bred separation & remoteness, caused confusion, deceptive.

Hypothetically.....
jkag89
dds08 said:

As much as I appreciate having to the ability to hear, so much so that I covet the ability, I wouldn't want it if I were to be placed in a situation where all I could hear for eternity was weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I would rather go deaf. Hypothetically speaking of course.
No way the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth in hell is as bad as one can read during the average TexAgs game thread and I'm talking about games in which the Aggies eventually win.
dds08
AG
As much as I covet the possession of a lung....

I sure would love to cease to exist if the lung I did have seemed to only attempt to function when I seemed to be underwater, or in outer space, or strapped down in a gas chamber.

Lolz. Hypothetically speaking....
dds08
AG
It all kinda makes the Easter bunny and the Easter eggs and the new clothes, and the must see department store sales, and the parties, seem so hollow, doesn't it?
dds08
AG
Or the thought of that same old routine benediction that you hope no one takes up the offer on at the end of service because you hoping to get out so you can satisfy your appetite....

some humans, even the good/saved ones are despicable.
schmendeler
AG
Heaven sounds cool. That is, unless you're worshipping a being that has created a hell to torture other beings for eternity for temporal wrongs, or just not being convinced of his goodness as told by his adherents. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
PacifistAg
AG
Edit: the thumbs down is not directed at your post, but at ECT. Deleted comment so as to not derail the thread.
dds08
AG
I'm not entirely sure how to respond to your comment. I dunno who you are or what your faith is or if you have a faith to believe in at all.

I'm not willing to speculate wrong and say something to discourage you.
schmendeler
AG
Lurid passages about eternal torture are discouraging enough.
Star Wars Memes Only
Ooh, I want to play.

As much as I appreciate my sight...

I would gladly rip my eyes out if the only thing I could see was the politics board for all eternity.

Hypothetically speaking of course.
dds08
AG
I have heard what atheists speculate happens in the end.

I believe both atheists and theists believe the end will not be pretty.

Despite the differences, the two groups do agree there.
dds08
AG
schmendeler said:

Lurid passages about eternal torture are discouraging enough.
Moreover, fear not! Perhaps in paradise a fortunate few will learn the ability to become numb to evil/death, in the effort to prepare for our journey down to redeem those unfortunate souls who were condemned to everlasting damnation, all in an effort to provide them salvation from the eternal fire for a few seconds/minutes/hours/days/years. To trade places with those experiencing the eternal torture you mentioned.

After all, He is privy to making wagers of the sort that involves someone graciously laying down their life for those undeserving. These type of situations of the like, thereof, in a clever-like kinda way, so forth and so much, so on and so on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.