BCS Churches Question

1,225 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 94chem
americathegreat1492
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy friends! I am in the market for a church in the BCS area, but not sure I'll find what I'm looking for. I am much more into interpreting stories and biblical text in an archetypal fashion than the more literalist approach you usually see in evangelical and fundamentalist churches. Could anyone in this area suggest a church to try? I have been browsing on the web for some and mostly see ones that are in the evangelical/fundamentalist/new age worship style. Thanks!

Appreciate it. A few votes for CoC. Love you fools.
JoeCephas1974
My family and I go to Brazos Fellowship. I grew up rural Missionary Baptist and she grew up Methodist/Presbyterian. Seems to work for both of us and our kids love it there. I supplement with more study at home.
Sellmore7
Visit the BCS church of Christ. Website is: bcschurchofchrist.com for more information.
PacifistAg
AG
Have in-laws at A&M Church of Christ. Have heard fantastic things about it.
94chem
Nevermind. I thought you were looking for BSC churches.
Martin Q. Blank
94chem said:

Nevermind. I thought you were looking for BSC churches.
Church of Christ still fits.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

I am much more into interpreting stories and biblical text in an archetypal fashion than the more literalist approach you usually see in evangelical and fundamentalist churches.
You're looking for the Higher Life/Keswick Movement where anything and everything is a "hidden" type or meaning. Plymouth Brethren, Pentecostal, Witness Lee "Local Church", etc.

http://www.churchincollegestation.org/
http://www.victoryupc.com/
DirtDiver
Check out Grace Bible. www.grace-bible.org

94chem
I'm a Grace alum. OP might be more up for Aldersgate Methodist.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.