Is nudity against Christianity?

9,137 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Frok
newhowdyag2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I visited a clothing option, family friendly hot springs, and when I told a lady at work she freaked out. She did the "Lord Jesus" thing and I was like the DO have Chrisitian nudist camps.

Is nudity anti Chrisitan?

Disclaimer: we aren't Christian, was just wondering.
Solo Tetherball Champ
What?
PacifistAg
AG
No, it's not against Christianity. Heck, even God had Isaiah walk around nude for 3 years.

Now, being a "stumbling block" could be an issue, but at nudist resorts, people aren't walking around lusting after others. I have family that are nudist and Christian. They even take their children. It's just people who enjoy being naked, but there's nothing sexual about it. Even holding hands is typically either against the rules or frowned upon.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Quote:

Now, being a "stumbling block" could be an issue, but at nudist resorts, people aren't walking around lusting after others. I have family that are nudist and Christian. They even take their children. It's just people who enjoy being naked, but there's nothing sexual about it. Even holding hands is typically either against the rules or frowned upon.

The problem with nudists is that most of the people who are nudists are not the kind of people you'd want to see nude.
Post removed:
by user
PacifistAg
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Quote:

The problem with nudists is that most of the people who are nudists are not the kind of people you'd want to see nude.
Agreed, which goes to the point that these places are not sexual in nature, so there's not really an issue of being a stumbling block.
PacifistAg
AG
AstroAg17 said:

RetiredAg said:

I have family that are nudist and Christian.

lol the rest of my family are gundamentalists, so that probably balances it out.
newhowdyag2004
Well, you're right. Most people at nudist places you don't want to see, but there is always a few that aren't bad (my wife for one...rule 1 exempt since R&P board?).

When you go to these places, after a while you forget you're nude and just talk to other people and chill out like an other clothed spa, spring, beach, etc.
schmendeler
AG
I think the people that have a problem with it are likely also unable to separate nudity from sexuality.
Amazing Moves
I wonder if Lucy cared that she was nude.
oldarmy1
AG
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.

Umm, yeah God has a problem with it. And Lucy? A "fragmented" belief system would be required to accept that "Science".

schmendeler
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.

Umm, yeah God has a problem with it. And Lucy? A "fragmented" belief system would be required to accept that "Science".

Sounds like god made them nude and sin made them think they needed clothes.
Sapper Redux
oldarmy1 said:

Oh good, someone else who doesn't know much about the Lucy find and its significance.

And didn't God make them naked and happy originally? Wasn't clothing connected with sin?
Frok
AG
Family-friendly nudist place? Um......no thanks.

newhowdyag2004
Why not?
PacifistAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

And God told Isaiah to walk around naked for 3 years. Also, as was pointed out, they were created in a naked state. Their deviation from God's will was the problem.
Frok
AG
newhowdyag2004 said:

Why not?

Because I am a big fan of clothes covering what I don't want to see and especially what I don't want my kids to see.

On another thought. I bet transgendered people would have a tough time at a nudist colony.
PacifistAg
AG
Frok said:

newhowdyag2004 said:

Why not?

Because I am a big fan of clothes covering what I don't want to see and especially what I don't want my kids to see.

On another thought. I bet transgendered people would have a tough time at a nudist colony.
I'm with you on going to a nudist resort/beach. It's just not for me. On your other thought, it reminds me of a story my brother told me that they actually met a transgendered woman and her wife at a nudist resort. They were a little surprised at first, but as it seems to be the case w/ most nudists, it was really no big deal (no pun intended).
Frok
AG
Now time for me to trigger the non-conservative crowd. That right there is why I disagree with "family-friendly" nudist resort. The clientele at a place like that are not going to be the people I want my kids to emulate.

PacifistAg
AG
Frok said:

Now time for me to trigger the non-conservative crowd. That right there is why I disagree with "family-friendly" nudist resort. The clientele at a place like that are not going to be the people I want my kids to emulate.
Well, "family-friendly" is a subjective standard anyways. So, I get that you don't deem it "family-friendly". To my brother and SIL, who are devout Christians who deeply love the Lord, it is "family-friendly" though.
Solo Tetherball Champ
RetiredAg said:

Quote:

Agreed, which goes to the point that these places are not sexual in nature, so there's not really an issue of being a stumbling block.

Sure, but you still want to pluck out your eyes for very different reasons than Christ gives. Before I segue into a a related topic I feel that I should preface this with a big, bolded #NoHomo: why is it that only the old, fat, out of shape men hang around naked in the locker room whereas the fit ones are modest? Not that I want to see any of it, but given the choice....
swimmerbabe11
because no one is trying to look at them.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Yes, but show some courtesy - we're doing all we can to not look at them.
schmendeler
AG

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

Sure, but you still want to pluck out your eyes for very different reasons than Christ gives. Before I segue into a a related topic I feel that I should preface this with a big, bolded #NoHomo: why is it that only the old, fat, out of shape men hang around naked in the locker room whereas the fit ones are modest? Not that I want to see any of it, but given the choice....
I think it's a function of age rather than attractiveness. I find myself giving fewer ****s every day.
Sapper Redux

Yes, but show some courtesy - we're doing all we can to not look at them.

When you've reached that stage in your life, you think about your legacy. For some folks, that's career or family. For others, that's grossing out the young with dangly balls and fat folds.
MouthBQ98
AG
There is nothing wrong with the human body. There is nothing at all evil about its nakedness. The context and behavior around the nakedness is what matters. Can you maturely disregard any sexual context, and simply see a human form?
Frok
AG
I would say no because once God knew Adam and Eve's eyes were "opened" he made fig leaves to cover them up.
PacifistAg
AG
Frok said:

I would say no because once God knew Adam and Eve's eyes were "opened" he made fig leaves to cover them up.
Not to be nitpicky, but it says that they knew they were naked and they sewed fig leaves to cover themselves up.

I think, as MouthBQ said, it's really about context and heart.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
I don't think nudity is inherently anti-Christian, but it doesn't help.
Frok
AG
Yeah I got that one wrong. Adam and Eve created the fig leaves. However it says God made them "garments" afterward.

Amazing Moves
Ethics were invented by humans. Nothing more.
newhowdyag2004
The question was purely on how Chrisitans view nudity, not people like you and me.
oldarmy1
AG
And WHY was Isaiah instructed to do so at this time?

"...as a sign and token against Egypt and Cush, 4so the king of Assyria will lead away the captives of Egypt and the exiles of Cush, young and old, naked and barefoot with buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt."

SHAME

Funny how context eludes people. It's kinda like taking some bone fragments and claiming significance.

The fact that a nudist colony is remotely accepted amongst purported "christians" tells you all you need to know about their contextual knowledge of God.
PacifistAg
AG
oldarmy1 said:

"...as a sign and token against Egypt and Cush, 4so the king of Assyria will lead away the captives of Egypt and the exiles of Cush, young and old, naked and barefoot with buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt."

SHAME

Funny how context eludes people. It's kinda like taking some bone fragments and claiming significance.

The fact that a nudist colony is remotely accepted amongst purported "christians" tells you all you need to know about their contextual knowledge of God.
So, if nudity is a sin, your claim is that God told Isaiah to sin in order to send a message of shame? Also, God never told Adam and Eve to cover themselves once they ate of the fruit. That was their decision. In the perfect state in which God created man, man was naked.

But, the fact that you feel the need to put the word Christian in quotations to describe those that disagree with you on this tells you all you need to know about your willingness, or lack thereof, to engage in fruitful dialogue. Guess what? One's position on nudism has absolutely nothing to do with their salvation.
Stive
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SHAME

I think the irony of this line is worth highlighting after RetiredAgs post.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.