Local Pastor Longs For Good Old Days When America Pretended To Be A Christian Nation

1,046 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by amercer
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Local Pastor Longs For Good Old Days When America Pretended To Be A Christian Nation
Quote:

"On Sundays, Americans used to close their businesses, shine up their shoes, and wear their very best clothes. Sure, they were sin-laden enemies of the Almighty and objects of His wrath, but at least they had the common decency to act like they weren't."

Quote:

The church's organist, 72-year-old Beatrice Hartford, spoke with reporters after the potluck. "In my day, we feigned respect for our parents, teachers, and pastors, even if we harbored resentment in our hearts for them and rebelled against their authority whenever we could get away with it. This country is really going downhill, and it's so sad."

"In my day, America had the decency to pretend to be a Christian nation," she added.

Jim Hogg is angry
AG
Need to put a disclaimer on this, as some folks here don't do satire.
Sapper Redux
I'd say that one is pretty borderline between satire and common sense.
FlyFish95
People will always choose the path of least resistance and settle to the lowest common denominator.
BusterAg
AG
DryFly said:

People will always choose the path of least resistance and settle to the lowest common denominator.
rabble rabble character rabble rabble spine rabble rabble
amercer
AG
"Spirituality Directly Linked To Amount Of Highlighting In Bible"

http://babylonbee.com/news/spirituality-directly-linked-amount-highlighting-bible/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.