Another Spring Break- Same Comments

998 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Jim Hogg is angry
booboo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This year had luxury of spending Vacation in Roatan Honduras good place to dive and snorkel. Same observation and comments from last Spring Break.

1) Beauty of Ocean- diversity of life shows us- Intuitively there is Intelligent Design (not the how it came to be but the why). So much more than a simple puddle in the parking lot. So many millions of lifeforms in the ocean, all the little life forms that go unnoticed and that are sustained. I have difficult time feeding my family of (5) and yet God feeds billions of creatures.

2) God Creation shows us God loves us- he created a paradise (Universe, Earth, places like Roatan) for us. It is a playground. People of all races socializing, music, drinking, the so many colors of the sky, ocean, land and life under ocean. Eating from the bounty of the ocean- fish, crabs, lobster conch shells. Shows us slight glimpse of Garden of Eden

booboo91
Baby Steps to understanding what we are called to do in our life:

Step 1- Realize there is a God- Thomas Aquinas- (5) ways- logically makes case for God. Beauty of world shows us intuitively God cares (point I made above). It is not dumb luck that you are hear. You have a purpose in your life.

Step 2- God calls us to Love- Golden Rule- written on everyone's heart. Purpose in Life- "Make it to Heaven and Take as many people with you as possible"

Step 3- Loving others in a difficult and complex ever changing world. This gets into the realm of what religion has the fullness of truth? How we should live our lives? Note: This is the step where all the problems occur. . As Christian, would say that everyone agrees with Jesus. We agree in how Jesus lived his life and how Jesus calls us to live our lives- by being selfless servant and loving and caring for others.

Other steps: Question- what are your gifts, how can you use these to serve and help others?
Now Go do it! Pray, Pray, be active in your faith and go Love!
schmendeler
AG
definitely not a paradise. I don't blame you at all for enjoying a pleasant vacation with family in a beautiful location, but it's easy to ignore the ugly places when you're feeling wistful and content with your place in life.

booboo91
Funny- I knew would see that response.

Yes even in paradise of world and Roatan there is still pain, suffering and death. There is the wages of sin. I did not mention all the (7) deadly sins I see around me: Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Greed, Lust, Pride, Wrath.

Even with Sin in the World. Does not negate the beauty of the world.

Also need to to take into account that Love conquerors sin.

Jim Hogg is angry
AG
schmendeler said:

but it's easy to ignore the ugly places

Friend, I don't think it's coincidental that so many of the non-believers on this board live in and around Houston.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.