Haha - take THAT you other dioceses!

1,007 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Serotonin
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://fwdioc.org/

Quote:

In recognition of the special relationship many Catholics in the Diocese of Fort Worth have with St. Patrick, a general dispensation is granted from the obligation from abstaining from meat on Friday, March 17, the feast of St. Patrick.

Of equal importance, those taking advantage of the dispensation are encouraged to undertake a work of charity, an exercise of piety, or an act of comparable penance.
jkag89
I didn't know it was a competition.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Potato eaters.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Lenten fasting is super serious, unless it interferes with a good party!
jkag89
Just letting those Catholics who choose to enjoy the traditional patronal sandwich to do so with a clear conscience. Please note:

Quote:

Of equal importance, those taking advantage of the dispensation are encouraged to undertake a work of charity, an exercise of piety, or an act of comparable penance.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
jkag89 said:

Just letting those Catholics who choose to enjoy the traditional patronal sandwich to do so with a clear conscience. Please note:

Quote:

Mostly giving you guys a hard time. I don't care for legalistic Christianity, but those of you on here for the most part really focus on the meanings behind the rules and not strictly on rule adherence. So enjoy your one-off Friday.
Serotonin
AG
Just make sure to drink plenty of Guinness my Catholic friends!
http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/4987884
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.