(B) Abbey beers vs. Trappist beers

1,350 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Micah97
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duh Trappist brewed beers repel zombies

Abbey and Trappist beers are not the same, don't taste the same, and are not "kinds" of beer...
PacifistAg
AG
Very interesting.
747Ag
AG
Does the purchase of Trappist beer (and other products) count towards one's tithe?
BusterAg
AG
Only if you give the beer away to the benefit of your local congregation.

When's your next potluck?
BusterAg
AG
If you are interested, here is the translation of the prayer:

Bless, + O Lord, this creature beer, which thou hast deigned to produce from the fat of grain: that it may be a salutary remedy to the human race, and grant through the invocation of thy holy name; that, whoever shall drink it, may gain health in body and peace in soul. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
BusterAg
AG
And, just to be a stickler, although I love the poster, "Trappist style" is nonsensical. I wish they would remove the word "Style" from the poster.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Sounds like a Trappist brewer scam to get people to drink their beer during the apocalypse and foolish wade into and distract the zombie swarms while they escape. . . . Easier to outrun the competition when they are drunk.

gordo97
AG
Zombies already walk around like they are dead drunk, so wouldn't getting hammered during zombie apocalypse help you blend in with the undead?
kurt vonnegut
AG
gordo97 said:

Zombies already walk around like they are dead drunk, so wouldn't getting hammered during zombie apocalypse help you blend in with the undead?

Hey, every zombie plan has its own risks. If you buy this Trappist nonsense you can at least hope for the pain to be dulled as you are eaten.
Solo Tetherball Champ
It worked for Shuan and his Friends.

kurt vonnegut
AG
Shaun and his friends? Didn't they use that drunken zombie act in order to get to a Tavern where they were overrun by zombies. How'd that turn out for them? 4 of 6 dead or permanently zombified?
BusterAg
AG
Probably better than average in a zombie apocalypse, and about average for the number of UK early 30 somthings getting out of their parents basement, so, spot on in my opinion.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Touche.
Micah97
AG
Love me some Chimay!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.