Romans 7:15-25

1,053 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DirtDiver
Line up and wait 18L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Romans 7:15-25 is one of my favorites. Clearly Paul dealt with many of the problems we face today. Thoughts?
Frok
AG
We all are enslaved to sin. Ask anyone on a diet. You desire to eat healthy but the flesh is weak and wants to indulge. Life is a constant battle against the flesh.

Some try to set themselves free by saying there is no law that holds them captive. Yet we all tend to default to our "natural rights". It's there and we can't ignore it.

Zobel
AG
St John Chrysostom's homily on this passage:
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/210213.htm
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
GoHomeLeg,

I love Romans. I was going to paste a Spurgeon expository sermon on Romans 7, but thought I'd give Charlie a rest and go with one of the best Independent Baptists pastors alive tonight:

BusterAg
AG
The beauty of grace is that, even though we are slaves to sin, we are invited to free ourselves from sin every day. It matters not that we failed to do the good that we wanted to do yesterday. Today Jesus is there with an invitation to live for him. It is never too late to decide to do the good that you want to, and every time that you are able to do that good that you want to, it is a victory.
Line up and wait 18L
Awesome video Tampa, thanks for posting.
DirtDiver
Paul describes the internal battle all believers have with their new identity (indwelling Spirit of God) and their fleshly desires (temporary earth suite). I'm thankful for his honesty with admitting to the struggle and his honesty with the despair it can cause, but better than that I like the worshipful way in which the chapter ends with the hope of a future salvation of being rescued from a body of sin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.