R-Antichrist

2,855 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AstroAg17
bamdvm
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Sorry, kind of long.

Thoughts?
Solo Tetherball Champ
Mind providing a summary? I'm not going to stop what I'm doing for an hour and a half to watch a video when all I have to go by is "anti-christ".
bamdvm
Examination of the 4 beasts in Daniel 7 and what they represent. Specifically the little horn power representing the holy roman empire aka antichrist=roman catholic church. i.e.- little horn will change appointed times and laws etc

I know it's a long video but pretty compelling scripturally. Just wondered what the alternative interpretation of these scriptures would be that would lead to a different conclusion.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

Specifically the little horn power representing the holy roman empire aka antichrist=roman catholic church.

Martin Q. Blank
Pope is clearly the antichrist.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Woody2006
AG
bamdvm said:

Examination of the 4 beasts in Daniel 7 and what they represent. Specifically the little horn power representing the holy roman empire aka antichrist=roman catholic church. i.e.- little horn will change appointed times and laws etc

I know it's a long video but pretty compelling scripturally. Just wondered what the alternative interpretation of these scriptures would be that would lead to a different conclusion.
Are you saying the anti-christ is an organization rather than a person?
AggieRain
AG
Quote:

Specifically the little horn power representing the holy roman empire aka antichrist=roman catholic church. i.e.- little horn will change appointed times and laws etc
bamdvm
Woody2006 said:

bamdvm said:

Are you saying the anti-christ is an organization rather than a person?

I'm not saying anything. The dude in the video makes a pretty compelling case that Daniel 7 is saying it. I was just asking purely from a scriptural point of view for an interpretation of Daniel 7 that might lead to a different conclusion. I know there are probably a lot of catholics on here and thought some might have run up against this before.
bamdvm
Dan 7:25
"He shall speak pompous words against the most high"

Some think that priests acting in the place of Christ to forgive sin is blasphemous or speaking pompous words against the most high.

"And shall intend to change times and law"

Some think that the holy roman empire/catholic church were involved with changing times and law (gregorian calendar, changing God's Sabbath to Sunday, etc)

http://www.romeschallenge.com

More summarizing of the video for those that don't have time to watch it.

PacifistAg
AG
I haven't watched the video, but it sounds like something I've noticed in the past. My guess is that this guy is pretty anti-Catholicism, so he reads ancient Hebrew apocalyptic literature to be referencing those things he personally doesn't like. People seem to have a tendency of read their "enemies" into these types of writings.
IDAGG
AG
OP if interested in that interpretation should go ahead and join Tony Alamo's church. He'll fill you in.
bamdvm
RetiredAg said:

I haven't watched the video, but it sounds like something I've noticed in the past. My guess is that this guy is pretty anti-Catholicism, so he reads ancient Hebrew apocalyptic literature to be referencing those things he personally doesn't like. People seem to have a tendency of read their "enemies" into these types of writings.

He references in the video being raised catholic so I guess he got turned off somewhere along the way
bamdvm
IDAGG said:

OP if interested in that interpretation should go ahead and join Tony Alamo's church. He'll fill you in.

I don't know who Tony Alamo is so I looked him up and I have no idea why you would suggest that I join his church because I found Veith's interpretation of Daniel 7 interesting. Watch the video without worrying about the presenter and his potential bias/agenda and without ones personal bias in support of the catholic church and refute the presentation with scripture, facts, logic etc. Argue the merits of the case instead of attacking the presenter or me.
IDAGG
AG
bamdvm said:

IDAGG said:

I don't know who Tony Alamo is so I looked him up and I have no idea why you would suggest that I join his church because I found Veith's interpretation of Daniel 7 interesting. Watch the video without worrying about the presenter and his potential bias/agenda and without ones personal bias in support of the catholic church and refute the presentation with scripture, facts, logic etc. Argue the merits of the case instead of attacking the presenter or me.
I suggested it as kind of a joke. Kind of. I saw enough anti-Catholicism from Fundies growing up and then as an adult for a few years in the deep south that I lump people that believe that crap together. Yeah, it is broad brush and therefore not always correct, but it is more so than one might think.

RetiredAg has a insightful observation:
Quote:

And to that I will add that in my many years of experience, those denominations or churches that spend an inordinate amount of time focussing on why everyone else is wrong and they are right have other issues. Tony Alamo is a prime (but extreme) example. I used to see his broadsheets pasted all over utility boxes at downtown intersections down south. That is all he focused on...the evils of the Catholic Church. Well, that and the stuff he was doing to his own congregation, which, ahem, were curiously missing from his broadsheets.

Focus on growing your own faith instead of putting down the faith of others. I know that I just violated my own advice, but it is in reaction to your OP.

God bless you.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
IDAGG
AG
OP, just as you had no idea who Tony Alamo was, I had no idea who Walter Veith was. So I looked him up. He is a Seventh Day Adventist. Here is an article about him from an association of fellow Seventh Day Adventists. Some excerpts:

Quote:

Queue image of upside down European identity card. "What do you see?," Veith demands, scrolling a cursor over what to this uninitiated viewer's eyes is nothing more than an abstract pattern. The question is rhetorical, however, with Veith leaving no time for guesses. "You see the goat of Mendes," he proclaims. "The horns are slightly modified to give another symbolism of the seat of the earth, but the inner facial features of the goat are very clearly discernible."
He sounds legit.....just read the blockbuster info below....

Quote:

Who was responsible for plotting the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001? George W. Bush and the CIA. What made the Twin Towers fall? They were brought down not by the airplanes but by explosives previously planted by the CIA in the buildings. What was the actual fate of Saddam Hussein? He died in 1999it was his body double that was hung in 2003. What is the truth behind Islam? It is a secret creation of the Roman Catholic Church, invented by the Vatican and planted in the Middle East to stamp out the last remnants of non-Catholic "true" Christianity.
The Catholic Church's conspiracy is so wide it includes basically everybody. Damn! I had no idea we were so powerful. I'll need to worship extra statues to get more in tune. I highlighted some names for comic relief....

Quote:

The extent of the Catholic Church's diabolical control of world events through the tireless plotting of its puppets, the secret societies, is truly astounding. The ranks of the Illuminati, secretly and tirelessly working in consort across the ages toward the goal of one world government controlled by Rome, includes: Karl Marx, Cecil Rhodes, Andrew Carnegie, Winston Churchill, J. Edgar Hoover, Henry Kissinger, Ronald Reagan, Shimon Peres, Yassir Arafat, both George Bushes, Ted Kennedy, Alan Greenspan (part of the Illuminati's "Committee of 300"), Hilary Clinton (a "6thGrand Dame," according to Veith), Jimmy Carter, Saddam Hussein, Richard Holbrooke (a "thirty-three degree Freemason"), Al Gore, Tony Blair, and Nelson Mandela.
There is much more info in the link:
http://spectrummagazine.org/article/news/2011/10/31/dark-fantasy-world-walter-veith
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Man. We are the coolest club ever!!!

I bet this dude came up with this gif too.

Sapper Redux
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Man. We are the coolest club ever!!!

I bet this dude came up with this gif too.

Hmmm

Solo Tetherball Champ
What's he hiding under that hat....
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
747Ag said:

Tomorrow is Tuesday!
wbt5845
AG
People - a poster here nailed this some time back.

Woody2006
AG
wbt5845 said:

People - a poster here nailed this some time back.

Attracted to creepily young women, sure.

Anti-Christ? I doubt it.
fwheightsboy
AG
As Christopher Hitchens said, "religion poisons everything."
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
fwheightsboy said:

As Christopher Hitchens said, "religion poisons everything."
Hitch is a Bible believer and a greater missionary advocate than anyone on this forum.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.