What happened when Jesus died?

2,949 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Solo Tetherball Champ
BusterAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I considered that the suffering might be at the heart of the sacrifice, but if that were the case I don't see the focus on the crucifixion. It would be more about the cumulative suffering over the course of his life. Granted, most occurred on the final day, but it should all count equally. Every one of Jesus' minor mishaps from stubbing a toe to discomfort from a wet shirt would then be God's sacrifice for us. That just doesn't seem as profound.
First:
Pretend for a second that you believe that Jesus was a charlatan, a liar. He knew in his heart that his death was the end of his existence. Why would he have done what he did so willingly? Seems like a high price to pay for a couple of years of fame. The whole point is that the cross was small potatoes compared to the death of death.

Second:
Jesus says that those that mourn are blessed. Life is a collection of good and bad things. Stubbing a toe is not as much a sacrifice as an experience that makes you you. There really is beauty and magic in the relationships of people with each other. No matter what life hands you, the good is always better than the bad, or nothing.
Solo Tetherball Champ
How long do you want to ignore this user?

As a fun aside, I saw that second one in Rome.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.