Houston (west side) lunch meet up?

3,304 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zobel
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw rumors of something stirring, which piqued my interest, but when I responded it fizzled...which means no girl's allowed or just specifically didn't want me or y'all forgot. For my vanity's sake, I'm going with the last one.

So...lunch? Next week? Somehwere on the westish side?
Sq16Aggie2006
you can bring a sandwich to my office, I'm on the far NW side.
swimmerbabe11
That is most certainly not how this works
Martin Q. Blank
I think RetiredAg lives on the west side of Houston. I'm sure he'd love to meat up.
Sq16Aggie2006
swimmerbabe11 said:

That is most certainly not how this works
Matthew 25:35
AggieRain
AG
Quote:

I'm sure he'd love to meat up.
swimmerbabe11
That says nothing about delivery.
Sq16Aggie2006
swimmerbabe11 said:

That says nothing about delivery.
Sq16Aggie2006
AggieRain said:

Quote:

I'm sure he'd love to meat up.

swimmerbabe11
oh, don't frown if you are hard up, I would be happy to buy your lunch if you arrive at whenever our meet up would be.

So far no one wants lunch with me though.
Martin Q. Blank
whoops, freudian slip.
AggieRain
AG
Quote:

I'm in that far western suburb of Houston - San Antonio. But, if you are ever out this way, I'd meet up for a pumpkin beer. Don't tell 747, though...anathema...
Texaggie7nine
I think it fizzled before you responded.

I always have enjoyed your company, even though we have only crossed path a couple times.

I was just mentioning how close I go to k2's church. I didn't really think my my presence at booboo and k2's proposed lunch would be that beneficial if they were going to talk about their takes on scripture when I don't believe scripture to be true in the first place.
7nine
Zobel
AG
I like sandwiches.
swimmerbabe11
I don't think the premise was necessarily scriptural takes, so much as a shared love of sandwiches and internetting.

Which, as you can see in K2's post, he is clearly an enthusiastic sandwich connoisseur.
Sq16Aggie2006
k2aggie07 said:

I like sandwiches.
Ah, you think sandwiches are your ally? You merely adopted the sandwich, I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see a non-bread bracketed medium of nutrition until I was already a man.
swimmerbabe11
Laikh House or Pecan Creek Grille are probably the yummiest west side sandwiches.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AggieRain said:

Quote:

I'm in that far western suburb of Houston - San Antonio. But, if you are ever out this way, I'd meet up for a pumpkin beer. Don't tell 747, though...anathema...

No need to keep secrets from 747. He abandoned us for the sadly shaped peninsula state in the far south east.

However, if you are ever in Waco, i like sandwiches too. Or beer and tacos.
swimmerbabe11
I miss Schmaltz. Please to bring me Schmaltz
Rusty Aha
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

AggieRain said:

Quote:

No need to keep secrets from 747. He abandoned us for the sadly shaped peninsula state in the far south east.

Bruh - how do you even do Waco? My wife wants to move there (curse you Chip and Joanna Gaines!!!)....and
that makes me sad.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I miss Schmaltz. Please to bring me Schmaltz

Just go to schlotskys.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
TampaBayAg said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

AggieRain said:

Quote:

Bruh - how do you even do Waco? My wife wants to move there (curse you Chip and Joanna Gaines!!!)....and
that makes me sad.

Waco ain't that bad. It's centrally located to DFW/SA/HOUSTON, so day trips can be done for family outings. We have some good Mexican food joints, and a whiskey distillery.

Chip and Jojo have definitely polished the area but anyone in the know, knows you don't want to really have the fixer upper in some of the areas they remodel.

Texaggie7nine
Anywho, I can't really do lunch because of work, but if it were after work or on a weekend where we could actually throw some brews back, then I'd consider it.
7nine
Zobel
AG
Well, I have a show on 2/24 at 19th hole....
/shameless plug
Texaggie7nine
Up near the Woodlands?

What kind of music do you play?
7nine
Zobel
AG
You've been to a show of mine before. We had a beer. You said you loved my music.
Post removed:
by user
booboo91
I agree with 79, how about quick gathering after work? Let's pick a date few weeks out. How about Wed 2-22 or Thursday 2-23 5:30/6pm start time?

Suggested Locations:
  • Bar Next Door- can get decent food, drink and have a conversation- 14714 Memorial Dr, Houston, TX 77079 (Near Memorial & Dairyashford)- also bunch of locations on Eldridge
  • Texas T Tavern 1535 Brittmoore Rd, Houston, TX 77043 (Near Beltway and Hammerly)- very casual beer drinking ice- house place

• Other locations at Hwy 6 &10, 290 & Beltway, City Center....?
swimmerbabe11
I live in heights, so world is my oyster really.

If wanting to stay further west and by Highway 6, Watsons is one of my favorites when the weather is nice.
Texaggie7nine
k2aggie07 said:

You've been to a show of mine before. We had a beer. You said you loved my music.
You are the bassist in that band we went to see at Arcadia?

Yeah that was great. I'll try to make it up to 19th hole.
7nine
booboo91
79 & K2- what say you?

Swimmerbabe and myself are fairly flexible. Let's the 4 of us agree to meeting location and then open it up to the rest of the Texags gang.
Texaggie7nine
I'm fine with that. Don't know what kind of commute K2 has but coming from the Willowbrook Area and going to the BW8/I10 are, which I do weekly after work, is fine but Bar Next Door would be pretty hard to get to. I go to Texas T a lot, that's fine with me if it's thursday night since they have steak night. Or I'm fine with any other bars so long as they aren't too bad to get to.
7nine
Zobel
AG
Yeah. Haha I was just messing with you a little.
Sq16Aggie2006
I dont know if I feel comfortable with Booboo representing the Catholics, might need to bring the SSPX dude who posts on here, txag89 or whomever
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Fun R&P observation. Apparently we have at least 3 bassist on the board..

k2,747,myself... interesante!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.