Bible is Awesome- Elisha= Jesus

987 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by booboo91
booboo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We see in the bible so many things and themes are repeated over and over in the bible. Example- Murdering of infants Moses and Jesus time. We also see symbolically Jesus is the new Adam, Moses, David and Elisha.

• Elijah (lived roughly 800's BC)= John the Baptist. This is really made clear in New Testament, Elijah must appear before the Messiah, Elijah wore "garment of hair and had a leather belt around his waist". Question- why do they tell us what John the Baptist wore camel hair and leather belt?

• Elisha (followed Elijah)= Jesus- he asked for double share of Elijah's spirit (2 Kings 2 9-10). Elisha had double spirit- burning love of God (symbolically he is greater than Elijah). Jesus says no great man lived than John the Baptist (came first made the way for the lord) and Jesus is much greater than John the Baptist.

• Elisha miracles are similar to Jesus miracles- immediately accepts the call to follow Elijah- obedient (Jesus is obedient) --parts water of Jordan like Elijah (Jesus calms water) --purifies well water (Jesus turns water into wine)-- Elisha curses kids they get malled by bear (Atheist favorite verse- Jesus curese a fig tree), -- Multiplication of bread 20 loaves to feed hundreds 2 Kings 4 42 (Jesus twice feeds roughly 4000 & 5000 men, not including women and children)--Heals Naaman the Leper 2 Kings 5 (Jesus heals countless lepers), --Elisha raises a son back to life (Jesus raises 3 people back to life including a son), --Elisha Dies and is placed in a grave, later a dead man also placed in Elisha's grave and once he contacts bones he comes back to life 2 Kings 13 20 (Jesus dies and people rise (another atheist favorite bible verse- the zombies!)

There are many more Elisha miracles listed in 2nd Kings. Good read for the kids- lots of action and excitement.
booboo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also in the book of 1st Kings- enjoy the story of how the evil King Ahab (his wife is Jezebel), he repents and his life is spared, very similar to the story of the evil city of Nineveh repenting and being spared from story of Jonah. This theme of repentance is repeated over and over in the bible. Repent, change our bad ways and turn to God.

1st King 21 20-24 (Elijah warning to Ahab- bad things will happen to you- consequences of sin) "Because you have given yourself up to doing evil in the LORD'S sight, I am bringing evil upon you: I will destroy you and will cut off every male in Ahab's line, whether slave or freeman, in Israel..... (Against Jezebel, too, the LORD declared, "The dogs shall devour Jezebel in the district of Jezreel.") "When one of Ahab's line dies in the city, dogs will devour him; when one of them dies in the field, the birds of the sky will devour him."

1st King 21 27 When Ahab heard these words, he tore his garments and put on sackcloth over his bare flesh. He fasted, slept in the sackcloth, and went about subdued. Then the LORD said to Elijah the Tishbite, "Have you seen that Ahab has humbled himself before me? Since he has humbled himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his time. I will bring the evil upon his house during the reign of his son."

Note: Jezebel did not repent and she was later eatten by dogs (huge insult).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.