A Foolish and Weak-Looking God

1,147 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by boboguitar
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Foolish and Weak-Looking God

Excellent!
Martin Q. Blank
Do you ever tire of posting topics? The G&A board of old has become the RetiredAg board.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Do you ever tire of posting topics? The G&A board of old has become the RetiredAg board.
No, but I do appreciate your apparent concern over my stamina. I always figured discussion boards were a good place to post topics, so I post them. Sometimes they don't generate discussion. Sometimes they do. You are more than free to contribute to a discussion about the subject of the thread, however.
PacifistAg
AG
AstroAg17 said:

RetiredAg Board > Nothing Board
Awwww, I'm better than nothing!

kurt vonnegut
AG
RetiredAg said:

AstroAg17 said:

Awwww, I'm better than nothing!

You are also way better than a MQB board would be.
AGC
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I'm ok with this.
BusterAg
AG
I pretty much reject the premise of the article.

Lots of good stuff in there about Jesus being the ultimate communication of who God is.

Total fail in suggesting he was "weak-looking".

Loving, yes.
Non-violent, yes.
Poor, yes.
Weak? No.

Maybe in the way that a blue whale looks weak compared to a tiger shark. Just a weird use of the word.
PacifistAg
AG
I took that as being how the world sees Him. In the eyes of the world, "loving" and "non-violent" would be considered "weak". Of course, Boyd doesn't believe Christ was actually weak.
7thGenTexan
AG
The Romans and Jews feared Jesus as a threat and potential revolutionary. The Pharisees rent their garments and gnashed their teeth when he spoke with power. They mocked him out of relief when he was detained and crucified. Even after his death they were fearful enough to keep his tomb guarded. Jesus wasn't some new man softy.

Also, I don't know that Jesus was poor.
7thGenTexan
AG
AstroAg17 said:

It's not nothing but it's a trickle compared to what it once was. Vast majority of the old G&A regulars are gone.
boboguitar
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Do you ever get tired of attacking posters and not contributing to discussions?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.