After performing 6,000 exorcisms, this priest says the devil fears him

3,936 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 747Ag
Woody2006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/after-performing-6000-exorcisms-this-priest-says-the-devil-fears-him-13101/
Quote:

Mexico City, Mexico, Jan 19, 2017 / 04:22 pm (CNA).- Fr. Francisco Lopez Sedano is an 80-year-old Mexican exorcist. In the past 40 years of service, he has conducted at least 6,000 exorcisms.
And, he says, the devil is afraid of him.

Fr. Lopez told the newspaper Hoy Los Angeles (Los Angeles Today) that when the devil speaks to him through possessed people, he responds, "I am nobody, but I come from Christ, your Lord and God and you leave right now I command you in His name that you go. Out!"
Quote:

First, he emphasized, the devil is a person and not a thing. He noted that Jesus confronted the devil many times and spoke to him. When speaking with a demon, "one isn't talking with a thing, one is talking with a person."

The evil one, he added, wants "to separate us from God, to frighten us, to threaten us, to make us tremble."

"He brings us laziness, fatigue, sleepiness, distrust, desperation, hate; everything negative."
Quote:

nother truth that Fr. Lopez has learned from decades of experience is that the possessed exhibit specific behaviors.
He said that he has observed possessed persons who "began to shout, to bark like a dog, to scream or writhe and who squirmed like a snake on the ground. There are a thousand forms."

On one occasion, Fr. Lopez said, a boy around 18 years old pushed five large benches that were so heavy they should have required the strength of 10 people to move.

"He had a terrible strength. We had to get him between three people to practice the exorcism. Having the presence of the Other, already explains anything. They are able to climb the walls, yes. And fly too."

Sometimes, the possessed person "hears voices, feels hatred or rejection of God where before they believed and now they stamp on the Bible. Other people have a terrible backache, but doctors say that they are perfectly fine."
How fun. 6000 exorcisms. What a legacy this guy has made for himself. He's seen people climb walls and even fly.

To bad he didn't have a cell phone camera.
Solo Tetherball Champ
In his defence, he's had a long career and cell phones w/ cameras weren't common until about 10-15 years ago.

Still, I get what you're trying to say. I myself am skeptical about the flying and spiderman bits.
FTAggies
Lot of Satan worship in Mexico
Woody2006
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

In his defence, he's had a long career and cell phones w/ cameras weren't common until about 10-15 years ago.

Still, I get what you're trying to say. I myself am skeptical about the flying and spiderman bits.
I'm skeptical about the need for someone to spend his life performing 6000 exorcisms.
Woody2006
AG
FTAggies said:

Lot of Satan worship in Mexico
Lot of uneducated, credulous people in Mexico.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Woody2006 said:

I'm skeptical about the need for someone to spend his life performing 6000 exorcisms.
747Ag
AG
If you've got a couple of hours to listen, this is in an interesting interview.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
747Ag said:

If you've got a couple of hours to listen,

Woody2006
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

747Ag said:

If you've got a couple of hours to listen,

Haha that was exactly my thought. Although, since its 747 I'll probably listen to it at some point.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
My rule of thumb..

When you have nothing to really add to a conversation, find something meaningless and be a smart ass.
ETA-- i will probably give it a listen as well. 747 is good people, and does not lead astray.
747Ag
AG
Perhaps you can download it, and convert to mp3. I've done that for long youtubes where the video component adds nothing to the audio.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Listened to some otw home from an event tonight. Intriguing and frightening stuff.

gordo97
AG
I've been to a Slayer concert and I've seen guys flying around..... but they were just stage diving
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
gordo97 said:

I've been to a Slayer concert and I've seen guys flying around..... but they were just stage diving

Me two! Saw it raining blood there.
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

gordo97 said:

Me two! Saw it raining blood there.
I once had the Reign in Blood CD. Couldn't deal with many of the lyrical themes. Trashed it. $15 down the drain.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
My hardcore metal days are long gone and from a time before belief... now I am more particular as well and try to avoid the more egregious sacrilegious lyrical themes.

There is some good faith based metal out there as you well know... it's just hard to find.

booboo91
I absolutely believe in Demons/Devil and would think every Christian should also. Step 1- We believe in God, Step 2- we believe in existence of our soul (Spirit Side- eternal life, Heaven and Hell).

I believe to be healthy in this life: we need to treat the Mind, Body and Soul. All 3 are tied together. We need to exercise all 3. Mind- read/study, give up stress & worry Body- Physically Work out, eat right, sleep, and Soul- Pray, Pray, Pray- Love, Love, Love, Repent, Repent, Repent, Give worries to God, Trust, Faith in God

Video I post many times- Catholic Priest in Corpus Christi with woman who dabbled in the occult- Exorcism Do you think he is lying or just mistaken?

Exorcism Video- wait 15 seconds for the story to start
booboo91
Few Quotes from Saints on their experiences with Demons:

St. Therese of Lisieux had this to say about demons she saw in a dream. It is similar to what St. Teresa of Avila said centuries earlier, similar to Bible verses of demons quivering in fear of God. If you are holy (in state of grace) the demons are afraid of us.

One night I dreamed that I went out for a walk alone in the garden. Arriving at the stairs that had to be climbed so as to get to the garden, I was frozen to the spot with fright. In front of me, near the bower, there was a barrel of lime and on the barrel two horrible looking little devils were dancing with surprising agility given they had irons attached to their feet. Suddenly, their inflamed eyes looked towards me and then instantly, showing themselves to be much more scared than I, they jumped off the barrel and went to hide themselves in the clothes room that was there in front. Seeing that they were not very brave, I wanted to see what they were going to do, and so I approached the window. The poor little devils were there, running over the tables not knowing how to hide from my sight. Sometimes they came close to the window looking with suspicion to see if I was still there; and upon seeing me they began to run desperately around the place again.
Certainly this dream has nothing of the extraordinary. But I believe nevertheless that do allowed this dream to be remembered always, to show me that a soul in the state of grace has nothing to fear from demons, who are cowards capable of running away from the look of a child (Story of a Soul)

2) St. Teresa of Avila quote- I do not understand those terrors which make us cry out, Demon, Demon! When we may say God, God! And make Satan tremble. Do we not know that we cannot stir without the permission of God? What does it mean? I am really much more afraid of those people who have so great a fear of the devil, than I am of the devil himself. He can do me no harm. (St. Teresa of Avila Autobiography).
Woody2006
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

My hardcore metal days are long gone and from a time before belief... now I am more particular as well and try to avoid the more egregious sacrilegious lyrical themes.

There is some good faith based metal out there as you well know... it's just hard to find.

Come on. You know that's not true.
Amazing Moves
This guy got to participate during Shark Week for 40 yrs?
FlyFish95
Woody2006 said:

Maybe we should all be skeptical of someone who sits around questioning other people's lives all of the time.
Woody2006
AG
DryFly said:

Woody2006 said:

Maybe we should all be skeptical of someone who sits around questioning other people's lives all of the time.

You should be skeptical of anything I say. Seek evidence and arguments to combat my point of view if you choose. I don't post on texags to be cheered on, I mostly post for the purpose of debate.

If I spent my life offering magical solutions to serious mental health issues for thousands of people over my lifetime, I would hope you'd call me out on it.
texag_89
Fr. Amorth was the greatest exorcist in the last 200-300 years and Fr. Ripperger is the best American one today.

In fact Fr. Ripperger is awaiting permission (which probably won't come until the Holy Ghost's will is done with the current Pontiff) to form a Society of Exorcists.

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features/framorth_excerpt1_aug04.asp

unimboti nkum
AG
Quote:

If I spent my life offering magical solutions to serious mental health issues for thousands of people over my lifetime, I would hope you'd call me out on it.
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
Woody2006
AG
texag_89 said:

Fr. Amorth was the greatest exorcist in the last 200-300 years and Fr. Ripperger is the best American one today.

In fact Fr. Ripperger is awaiting permission (which probably won't come until the Holy Ghost's will is done with the current Pontiff) to form a Society of Exorcists.

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features/framorth_excerpt1_aug04.asp

Maybe we can set up a society of witch doctors as well.
Woody2006
AG
I'm not sure what I was supposed to learn from this interview.
747Ag
AG
Woody2006 said:

Stuff. Stuff about how papists do exorcisms and what is involved... Such as the bit about a possession being done by more than one demon. Makes the 6000 number a bit more attainable than say one at a time, which seems to be the common perception.
Woody2006
AG
747Ag said:

Woody2006 said:

Stuff. Stuff about how papists do exorcisms and what is involved... Such as the bit about a possession being done by more than one demon. Makes the 6000 number a bit more attainable than say one at a time, which seems to be the common perception.
Yea, but in the interview the guy doesn't really come across as believable. He does his best to make it seem as though there is some sort of rigor in the process, but I don't think he did a good job doing so.

Maybe I'm just too skeptical to give this an objective opinion, but I felt as though this was just another exorcist trying to explain why he does what he does without providing a damn bit of proof that there is any actual need for all these exorcists the Holy See employs.
747Ag
AG
Yet, the interview was not intended to be a proof of need of exorcism.
Woody2006
AG
747Ag said:

It was interesting in parts, I guess I just didn't know what I was expecting.
747Ag
AG
Woody2006 said:

747Ag said:

It was interesting in parts, I guess I just didn't know what I was expecting.
That's why I posted it... I thought it was interesting, especially before the call-in segment. Whether one believes or disbelieves in demons/possession/etc... was secondary. I enjoyed just hearing about the how's and why's. As a life-long Catholic, I learned some things myself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.