Random: "Easter Eggs" Hidden in Cathedrals

2,551 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
ramblin_ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd tap the breaks on the whole "praying to the East" thing. It was listed among other forms of idolatry in Ezekiel 8
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zobel
AG
the temple faces / faced east.

Moses tabernacle faced east (numbers 3:38)

Christians have universally prayed to the east for as long as we have records.

Ezekiel 8 says they worshipped the sun facing east. Good thing we don't do that.
Zobel
AG
So I'd never looked up the east thing before. Here's some things I found as "why".

"For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man" (Matthew 24:27)

"Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." (Acts 1:11)

"And the glory of the Lord came into the house, by the way of the gate looking eastward:" (Eze 43:4)

"And if the prince should prepare as a thanksgiving a whole-burnt-peace-offering to the Lord, and should open for himself the gate looking eastward, and offer his whole-burnt-offering, and his peace-offerings, as he does on the sabbath-day; then shall he go out, and shall shut the doors after he has gone out." (Eze 46:12)

Seems like east-facing worship is a maintained inheritance frontman Israel.

ramblin_ag02
AG
Fair enough. You said that and it sent alarm bells ringing in my head.

Along the same lines as the egg discussion, God made the East as well, and it's not like some pagan sun cult can corrupt the East or the rising sun.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.