Good news on the life front

2,780 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggrad08
Post removed:
by user
Aggrad08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why don't people generally morne or lament the huge numbers of early miscarries (which outnumber abortions by far? Among females who know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is roughly 10% to 20% while rates among all fertilisation is around 30% to 50%.

Why don't we treat this as a natural disaster? Why isn't extensive funding and research done to save these people as you'd call them?

If there is 100% equivalency between early zygotes and people this is a disastrous epidemic. Aids malaria, the flu, heart disease, cancer, nothing compares.

I'm not at all comfortable with all abortions, but I think this equivalency silly.
Zobel
AG
The vast, vast majority of miscarriages are naturally nonviable. And...they are a really big burden for those that have them.
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
You are just an agglomeration of individual cells.
Post removed:
by user
Aggrad08
AG
The majority of miscarries happen without the mother knowing
Post removed:
by user
Aggrad08
AG
We didnt treat cancer that way, heart disease, aids, and on and on. Why do we not try to find a pill or procedure to stop this?
Post removed:
by user
Aggrad08
AG
About 60% are from a cromosome mismatch. But many others are from far more treatable conditions like bacterial infections we have tests for. Smoking during pregnancy, immunology disorders (just like the ones we do try to treat), cervical abnormalities.

The simple fact is that all of these deaths are simply ignored. They simply aren't taken with the same seriousness as an epidemic affecting people.

Even with volcanoes we set up monitoring and try our best to evaluate people. This is simply ignored while abortion is considered a holocaust.
Post removed:
by user
Zobel
AG
Yes, AstroAg's got the jist of what I was saying.

And we should try to prevent all of these. But, sometimes there's nothing to be done.
dog
AG
wbt5845 said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

Very good news, indeed.
Even for those against birth control/contraceptives? It seems like if you are against those, then there is no progress and we've just changed the measuring methods. I would think that Catholics would be worried by this...because if contraceptives is part of the abortion solution, then we aren't undoing them.
Probably. As a Catholic, contraception is one thing but murder is quite another. Not all sins are created equal (no matter what some Protestants say).
John 19:11 PROVES not all sin is equal.
AGC
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ
But people do mourn miscarriages. Even as I am holding my infant son my mind flashes back to the child we lost in a miscarriage a year ago. It is a burden.
swimmerbabe11

Aggrad08
AG
Individual couples morne them when they are trying to have a baby and know about them. That's not most miscarries.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.