Name your Confirmation Saints

4,520 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SwigAg11
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smith and Wesson, since I don't believe in the Saint thing but do believe every believer should be equipped with the sword of the Spirit, and a decent gun.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
UTExan said:

Smith and Wesson, since I don't believe in the Saint thing but do believe every believer should be equipped with the sword of the Spirit, and a decent gun.

You don't believe in the communion of saints?
texag_89
Jerome!!

"Ignorance of Scripture, is ignorance of Christ!"

Ps: All you Protestants and Evangelicals out there should get down on your knees daily and thank the Church for the Holy Writ and St. Jerome, particularly.

texag_89
booboo91 said:

Furlock Bones said:

I am currently researching my confirmation saint. I would like to hear who you all chose.
Read- lives of the Saints- Fr. James Martin. He starts putting it in proper perspective how the saints are so beneficial. He suggests we pick saints- that are like you- have the same strengths or faults. Or saints who are not like you.

I currently have (4) saints that I follow, try to mimic, intercessory prayers: St. Teresa of Liseux- little flower (not like me), St. Francis of Assisi (Active doer -fits my personality), St. Andre (lived in Canada- very humble- not like me), St Joseph (Jesus step father)- My focus in life is pulling men to Christ, for men to be strong fathers and raise their children properly.

But each day I find more and more saints that I admire so much- St. Francis De Sales, Saint Don Bosco (favorite of TMIY founder) and Fr. Padre Pio was pretty remarkable- has incredible miracles (just died in 1968)

Booboo... been a while.

May I also suggest:
-. St. Philip Neri
- St. Robert Belermine
-. St. John of the Cross
- St. Pope Pius V (greatest Papal saint in my opinion and one of just a few Popes (until Modernism took over recently) to be lifted to those heights)

HDeathstar
If your parents were good Catholics, you just pick the Saint name in your first or middle name.
SwigAg11
AG
St. Peter
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.