Saved?

10,640 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PseudonymK
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
k2aggie07 said:

You mean St Paul who said we are "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus"?
PacifistAg
AG
agie,
I'm curious, and I've asked you this before. Whom do you hold in higher regard? Jesus or Moses? Because I had shared an article before that stated that "Jesus is what God has to say" and you only responded by calling it blasphemous. The only reason I could think of is because it holds the position that Jesus trumps Moses.
FriscoCoon
AG
Romans 14New International Version (NIV)

The Weak and the Strong
14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person's faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
Zobel
AG
Yes, completely. This is why I don't take issue with Ramblin Ag's Law-keeping, other than a note of concern that it can present theological challenges / dangers for error in belief or thinking.

But, agie95's position is completely different, in that he denies the Trinity and even the Divinity of Christ. He will say that he doesn't deny Christ's divinity, but he circumscribes Christ as a manifestation which means he is not God. So, we have no common ground for theological discourse, as he is outside of our faith.

Put another way...during the Divine Liturgy, after communion in the Orthodox church we sing "We have seen the True Light! We have received the Heavenly Spirit! We have found the True Faith! Worshiping the Undivided Trinity, Who has saved us." He does not worship the same God as we do; he doesn't even think our God is, in fact, God at all.
agie95
AG
What is the point of the post?
agie95
AG
You're correct, I don't worship the same God as you. I worship the one true God and I am obedient to Him.
PacifistAg
AG
agie95 said:

You're correct, I don't worship the same God as you. I worship the one true God and I am obedient to Him....for the most part
FIFY with your own words on a previous thread.
agie95
AG
RetiredAg said:

agie95 said:

You're correct, I don't worship the same God as you. I worship the one true God and I am obedient to Him....for the most part
Stop being so disingenuous. I follow the Torah not just most part. We are all without the Temple, therefore anything associated with the Temple is suspended so to speak. I say so to speak b/c in Hosea we are told that we will have our prayers in place of sacrifices. There will be another Temple and sacrifices will resume, may it be soon.

You comment added 0 to the discussion, but to harass. Is this part of your core values?
PacifistAg
AG
agie95 said:

RetiredAg said:

agie95 said:

Stop being so disingenuous. I follow the Torah not just most part. We are all without the Temple, therefore anything associated with the Temple is suspended so to speak. I say so to speak b/c in Hosea we are told that we will have our prayers in place of sacrifices. There will be another Temple and sacrifices will resume, may it be soon.

You comment added 0 to the discussion, but to harass. Is this part of your core values?
My "for the most part" comment came from a response you gave pertaining to wearing mixed-blend fabrics on an old thread. It had nothing to do with the Temple.

So, when you tell others that they don't worship the "one true God" that you are obedient to, and your measure of obedience is stuff like not wearing mixed-blend fabrics, it's valid to point out your hypocrisy.

But you are right in that I should have simply not said anything. Your hypocrisy has been pointed out repeatedly, so doing so again serves no purpose. My apologies and I will withdraw from the thread. As someone pointed out on another thread, my tone is a bit harsh today, so once again, my apologies.
swimmerbabe11
According to you...
Who is worse off? Traditional Jews or Christians?
The ones who have no messiah (the Jews) or the ones who..(I have trouble typing this) make an idol out of Christ (according to you), the Christians.

agie95
AG

ahh. You see things as all or nothing from the get go. This is exactly what the Council was getting at in Acts 15. No one expects someone to be 100% obedient in the beginning. I had not gone through all of my closet yet in regards to the fabric when I stated that over a year ago. Note, the mixed fabric is wool and linen. The items that I wore on an everyday basis did not have any wool and linen. It is very rare to have this mixture, but some suits do have them. I hadn't gone through my suits yet at that time. You will be happy to know that I have now and I did not have any.

So no, it's not valid since it is obvious your intent is not for the good. Forget that you were wrong.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

I had not gone through all of my closet yet in regards to the fabric when I stated that over a year ago.
Oh, my bad. You had just converted around that time? How long ago did you convert?
agie95
AG
This is a very good question.

While I have never said anyone makes an idol out of Christ, Christians do have wrong priorities imo. Everything should be about God. Yeshua Himself always pointed to God.

Who is worse off is a subjective question. It depends on each person imo.
agie95
AG

I hadn't just converted, but it has been a tad over 3 years now since conversion. I spent a year or two looking into things, praying, etc.
PseudonymK
AG
Dear Lord Jesus,

I know that I am a constant sinner and I need Your forgiveness to survive. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life everlasting. I know Jesus Christ is the only way to our father God. So now I want to quit disobeying and I want to live my life with every single word You have provided as examples I want to serve You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life, change my heart, and show me how to know You. In Jesus' name and You as my Father. Amen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.