Mercy Me fans?

1,661 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Win At Life
marble rye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A movie is being made about Bart's life. He went to high school in my hometown and got his start in singing when he randomly chose choir as his elective in place of football...he broke both ankles in one play. Really cool. Thought I'd share for his fans.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5528097

He's just such a great guy and his family has seen its share of tragedies. A great story that should be told. Told his choir teacher, "I will never, ever, perform publicly on my own." She's urged him to try out for the musical, "Oklahoma". He ended up getting the lead.

Then in college, their theater arts dept was also doing Oklahoma. He went to the try outs just out of curiosity and ended up heckling the guys trying out bc they did the role no justice. The director finally turned around and said, "why aren't you trying out then?" He got the role there too.
marble rye
AG
Also, my sister and her husband went to his concert last Thursday in Houston. She played the female lead in Oklahoma with him so they are good friends. He told them that Dennis Quaid is playing his dad and Cloris Leachman is playing his grandmother.
TXAGBQ76
AG
The former choir director at our church's son is the drummer
Texaggie7nine
I went to school with a guy who used to work for a guy whose housekeeper's nephew is friends with a guy who went to church with a girl who is from the same town of a guy that once waited on Mercy me at a restaurant. So this his close to home and really makes you think. ...
7nine
NonReg85
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

The former choir director at our church's son is the drummer
Your church had a son? You would think something like this would get more press. Especially this time of year.
Human
AG
Tough crowd
Texaggie7nine
I do like Mercy Me though.
7nine
marble rye
AG
Oh you've got jokes?!

Yall need to find Jesus. And I have personally talked to Bart on several occasions, so there are no 6 degrees of Bart Millard.
747Ag
AG
Oh yeah? I went to high school with Jerry Rocha. Sat next to each other in Spanish class, and practiced Mexican accents. Aregla los jawas.

marble rye
AG
Did anyone go see it? Came out today. I thought it was nicely done. Not overly churchy.
Win At Life
AG
Saw it. okay. I get the good story part. Characters a little stiff. Dialogue too mature for the kid scenes to be believable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.