More Pennsylvania Whiskey Despondency

1,840 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Marco Esquandolas
7thGenTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So now I'm in Williamsport. Just sat down a great looking pub in downtown and ordered a Jack on the rocks. This is the first pub I've been to anywhere on the planet that does not serve Jack Daniel's.

WTF? I almost ordered a beer to protest.

Maker's it is but we can scratch this disgrace off the list of bars to frequent.
Sapper Redux
So you were forced to drink Maker's Mark instead of Jack? Sounds like you're complaining about getting bumped to business class from coach. Let me know if you find a bar that only serves Blanton's.
7thGenTexan
AG
Dr. Watson said:

So you were forced to drink Maker's Mark instead of Jack? Sounds like you're complaining about getting bumped to business class from coach. Let me know if you find a bar that only serves Blanton's.

I'm not a whiskey connoisseur. Is that the good stuff? I'll stick w the nektar of the gods (or maybe Jack is of the devil, according to experience) regardless.
schmendeler
AG
Surprised you aren't drinking Russian Standard.
Sapper Redux
7thGenTexan said:

Dr. Watson said:

I'm not a whiskey connoisseur. Is that the good stuff? I'll stick w the nektar of the gods (or maybe Jack is of the devil, according to experience) regardless.

Blanton's is excellent, though harder to find at a bar. Woodford Reserve is another great one. I honestly recommend checking out a few pages of the Bourbon thread in the Food forum. Those guys have really opened my palate up to some great drinks.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Dr. Watson said:

7thGenTexan said:

Dr. Watson said:

Blanton's is excellent, though harder to find at a bar. Woodford Reserve is another great one. I honestly recommend checking out a few pages of the Bourbon thread in the Food forum. Those guys have really opened my palate up to some great drinks.

And blantons has a cool bottle .

I looked them up and - didn't realize they were the same distillery that did buffalo trace.
AgLiving06
You're at the wrong bar if Jack isn't merely the wells whiskey.
gordo97
AG
I don't know crap about whiskee, but please post their beer tap list
7thGenTexan
AG
Dr. Watson said:

7thGenTexan said:

Dr. Watson said:

Every time I try a whiskey snob recommendation, I stop after one and go back to drinking Jack.
Sapper Redux
I feel the same way about some, but I really do like Blanton's. It's worth trying.
7thGenTexan
AG
gordo97 said:

I don't know crap about whiskee, but please post their beer tap list

Looked like a couple of your standard European labels, the usual American bottled fat water, and some micro brewery stuff. Couple of locals ordered one called Civil War.

I'm thinking a woman owns the bar
swimmerbabe11
AgLiving06 said:

Jack is a call at like 80% of bars.
I'm not saying I approve. That's just how it is.
7thGenTexan
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Jack is a call at like 80% of bars.
I'm not saying I approve. That's just how it is.

And Sinatra was buried with a bottle of it. Enough said.
swimmerbabe11
His ability to sing did not correlate with his taste in whiskey I see
7thGenTexan
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

His ability to sing did not correlate with his taste in whiskey I see

He liked drinking whiskey, not going to whiskey tastings where you talk about whiskey.
747Ag
AG
Glenmorangie: Lasanta. Try it.

AggieRain
AG
Excellent stuff! Have it in my cabinet right now along with its port cask finished brother the Quinta Ruban.
747Ag
AG
I still have the 50 mL bottle of Quinta Ruban. Both samples came in a gift box of their standard 10 year scotch. Yum.
AggieRain
AG
Nector D'or is very good as well. Finished a bottle a few months ago and need another. Big fan of the label overall.
AggieRain
AG
Agree. Jack is airplane food at best...
Marco Esquandolas
AG
It's December 10, 2016 and Pennsylvania still sucks. GTFO of there, dude.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.