Israel Plants Flag on Holiest Christian Site

5,278 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SeattleAgJr
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Okay. When you persist with inflammatory and baseless accusations against a fellow believer, you show you have absolutely zero desire to engage in respectful dialogue. You ignore what suits you and preach without listening to others. There's no point in continuing. Have a great day, brother.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12.

Yes, I am sure people are thinking when they dress their houses up in the dead and such they are thinking of mocking the pagan roots of what they are doing.
To me that verse means hatred, selfishness, lust, violence, war, greed, laziness, and the spiritual vices that we battle both in ourselves and in the world. I guess to you Paul was referring to costumes, make-believe, decorated trees, and geometric drawings.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agie95
AG
It is not baseless when I can just go to this very post and point to your very own words.
agie95
AG
So hatred, selfishness, etc are the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Yes. They are the spiritual forces that lead to physical sins. Just as God the Father is spirit and God is love, these are spiritual evils. Jesus taught us to be careful of spiritual evils and not just physical evils. He clarified that the principles of the Torah weren't limited to only the physical, but the to spiritual world as well. Hate/murder, lust/adultery, greed/theft
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agie95
AG
I don't understand how those are the spiritual forces in heavenly places.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I honestly never parsed that aspect of the quote. Why would the evil in the heavenly realms be any different than the evil on the earthly one?
agie95
AG
Is there laziness, greed, etc in Heaven? I don't believe so. Therefore, it must be different.
ramblin_ag02
AG
And you know this how?
agie95
AG
Who in Heaven would be lazy, greedy, etc? I said, I believe, not know. I don't think anyone can state infactically.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
If there is no laziness in heaven, I'm not sure I want to go.

If there's no hatred or greed, then a lot of Israelis ain't gonna be there.
PacifistAg
AG
Marco,
I've started posting about my 2 week delegation to the West Bank. Thought you may enjoy reading: https://texags.com/forums/15/topics/2812964
Martin Q. Blank
Why do we care if a piece of cloth is hanging on a flagpole halfway around the world? It is just a piece of fabric.
SeattleAgJr
Marco Esquandolas said:

wbt5845 said:

This is no big deal. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is in Israel, not the Palestinian Territory.

In fact it is in land occupied illegally by Israel and its annexation was rejected by the UN. The world regards it as part of Palestine. But believe whatever you want.
It is Israel, cupcake.

Deal with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.