Texas A&M in pop culture

29,122 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Capitol Ag
Thread Sinker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the Snoop one is the best.
Potcake
AG
quote:
You're talking about the Intro to Road Goes on Forever. All he really says is that they went to the Texas World Speedway south of College Station.

Yes, but he acknowledges that there are Aggies in the crowd and says he doesn't want any fights.
thach
AG
Rick Trevino wears an A&M cap in one of his videos (Bobby Ann Mason?).
Thread Sinker
I think it's already a given that Texas country music singers refer to A&M a lot.
Hotard95
Didn't Billy Bob Thornton play a rich oil man who went to A&M in Intolerable Cruelty?
Hotard95
Update to my last post. I looked it up and yes he talks about his football days at A&M.

Also, in an episode of JAG a hot shot overly cocky pilot was on trial. He was asked how he got his commission and he answered through Texas A&M and was then asked something about the classes he would have had to take.
tamuags08
AG
I'm pretty sure that in one point in the new "the longest yard" during the end football game, one of the fans has an a&m shirt on. I also think that there was a tu fan in the crowd.
Trajan88
AG
Re: "Gary Busey filmed a movie about Bear Bryant at A&M but I don't think it ever got released."

Yes, movie "The Bear" was released to theatrical release circa '84... my crew and I saw the flick when it played at Manor East Mall (or was it the theater in the strip shopping center that had an Albertsons?).

[This message has been edited by Trajan88 (edited 4/17/2007 11:51p).]
Trajan88
AG
This flick had an A&M reference... if memory serves a female character in Lone Star was wearing a tu football jersey and on the couch she was sitting on was Reveille doll.

Trajan88
TAMU '88
Law Hall (may it R.I.P.) Ramp 9 Mule
fup!
WillD
AG
Anyone mention the A&M stuff in the movie Lone Star?
NITESIDE
Don't recall if it has a specific A&M reference, but "Master of Sparks" by ZZ Top is about a guy they know in College Station who has built a big hollow metal ball and they come up and ride in it as he drags it behind his truck down HWY 6.
Or so I have been told.
5thaggiegrad02
In one of Clive Cussler's books, he mentions the interns from Texas A&M's marine biology dept or ocean engineering, can't remember which dept, but it wasn't a passing reference.

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around." Unkown Cowboy
shanklin
AG
Clobber line?
LeannaAg
This may have been mentioned, but in a King of the Hill episode, Hank goes to South Padre with his mom and her friends during Spring Break and there is a kid with an A&M shirt.
Thread Sinker
oh yeah, the "Never Graduate" commercial. Remember that? Truly a classic.
The Kingfish
AG
in the dave matthews video, how in the hell can you tell what's on that blanket?

You know the way to grandma's house!
R.I.P. Buddy D
Aggie Pharmer
AG
quote:
Clive Cussler had a fictional female nautical archealogist in one of his books who was an Aggie......... she was hot too!

Was she an Aggie or a Sea Aggie? If a Sea Aggie, then she doesn't count.

quote:
Oh, and Snoop Dog wearing A&M gear in some of his 90s music videos.

That wasn't Snoop, that was Acie's dad...

SPO_Rat_91
Here's the Buffett video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmlSouRdKI

In the inside of the first Los Super 7 cd, Rick Trevino is shown wearing an A&M hat, he definitely represents.

[This message has been edited by SPO_Rat_91 (edited 4/20/2007 11:34p).]
SPO_Rat_91
From 'Too Close for Comfort' 80s sitcom:

quote:
In one episode, Ted Knight wore a sweatshirt with the name and logo of an actual university on it. Soon, college and university students, who were fans of the show, began sending logo sweatshirts for Knight to wear on the air. From then on, Knight began wearing as many different sweatshirts as possible in each episode to please the fans.

Anyone remember if he ever wore an Aggie one? I remember him wearing the different sweatshirts but don't recall an A&M one.
here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR8bq7efeGI
chick79
AG
quote:
Anyone remember if he ever wore an Aggie one?

Yes, he did.... it was mentioned earlier.......
Farmer1906
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_P_BpGncKQ&mode=related&search=

Goto the 6:30 mark
Potcake
AG
quote:
Was she an Aggie or a Sea Aggie? If a Sea Aggie, then she doesn't count.

You couldn't be more wrong.
cozart
AG
what are the pixar references?

in My Best Friend's Wedding with Julia Roberts, she mentions her best friend sports writer having to travel "to places like College Station, Texas."
Thread Sinker
TAMUG in movies... hahaha
BBRex
AG
The Nautical Archaeology Program at Texas A&M is located in College Station.

http://nautarch.tamu.edu/academic/index.htm
Thread Sinker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_P_BpGncKQ&mode=related&search=
6:30

excellent
NITESIDE
On Cops they were in N.O. and busted a drunk Aggie in an ATM shirt for p*ssing on the sidewalk...a glorious moment for A&M.
Thread Sinker
yea
Thread Sinker
and the Aggie/Horn ESPNU commercial
BQAG02
AG
Not sure if this counts or not, but the one of the ships in TROY has the "saw'em off" design on the sail.

Can they sue for that?
JCarter1017
AG
Man Of The HOuse (the Tommy Lee Jones one -not the Jonathan Taylor Thomas) has UT having their Hex night against A&M

I"m not 100% but I think Nick Cannon and his line face the A&M band at the end of Drumline - but I'm not sure on that cuz it's been a while since I've seen that
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
On Cops they were in N.O. and busted a drunk Aggie in an ATM shirt for p*ssing on the sidewalk...a glorious moment for A&M.

That wasn't his fault. None of those places will let you use the bathroom unless you buy something!
RPTS07

Show- Over There (FX Network)

Character on the far right of this picture was Pfc. Bo Rider, he played a kid from East Texas that was given a partial scholarship to play quarterback for the Aggies. He could not get the money to cover the rest of what it would cost to go to A&M so he enlisted in the Army. In the first episode he said that his dream was now when he gets done with the Army to go back and be the 12th Man. At the end of the first episode he gets his leg blown off and go to Germany for treatment.

Thought ya'll would like that. Anyone watch the show besides me? (it got canceled after one season)
Thread Sinker
from gen board:
quote:
I've been watching 'The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance' with The Duke, James Stewart and Lee Marvin and here at the end, a marching band plays the 'Hot Time in Austin' refrain 2x and again inside the theater. I couldn't believe it! Kick ice!

Is 'Hot Time' taken from something else like a traditional tune or something?

also of interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6M8KJef4kQ

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.