Seinfeld Reboot?

1,586 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Txmoe
Robert L. Peters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kind of. It's AI generated content that will keep running and I assume learning. I laughed at a few jokes but also at the insanity. All the content is generated by the AI.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkyxp/whats-the-deal-with-nothing-forever-a-21st-century-seinfeld-that-is-ai-generated
An L of an Ag
AG
For some reason I read this as "Seinfeld Robot"! And I guess it kinda is.
Jim01
AG
Already been done.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Didn't last long.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna69389

Quote:

A viral Twitch stream that produced an endless AI-generated "Seinfeld" parody show has been banned from the platform for violating community guidelines.

"Nothing, Forever," a 24-hour, seven-days-a-week show, had become a sensation on Twitch, racking up thousands of viewers. The show featured crudely drawn recreations of characters from the comedy sitcom "Seinfeld" that played out scripts created by using OpenAI software. OpenAI, an artificial intelligence company, has become wildly popular in recent months for its chatbot ChatGPT, which generates conversational text.

The Twitch stream follows the fictional "Larry Feinberg," a play off of the titular character from "Seinfeld," which aired on NBC for nine seasons from 19891998 (NBCUniversal is the parent company of NBC News). The stream also has characters that parallel the show's other famous protagonists, including "Yvonne Torres" (Elaine), "Fred Kastopolous" (George) and "Zoltan Kakler" (Kramer), who sit around "Larry's" apartment making AI-generated jokes. Just like real "Seinfeld" episodes, "Nothing, Forever" begins with a cold open of "Larry" doing stand-up comedy before the show progresses into his apartment.

Prior to being removed from the platform, the Twitch show appeared pixelated and low-quality imagine a low-resolution Jerry Seinfeld doing stand-up in front of a brick wall that evoked a nostalgia for the early days of the internet.

On Sunday night, "Larry" began his stand-up set by making transphobic remarks. He noted that his crowd wasn't laughing and asked for suggestions for the routine.

"I'm thinking about doing a bit about how being transgender is actually a mental illness," he said in the stand-up remarks. "Or how all liberals are secretly gay and want to impose their will on everyone. Or something about how transgender people are ruining the fabric of society. But no one is laughing, so I'm going to stop. Thanks for coming out tonight. See you next time. Where'd everybody go?"

A show staff member posted on Discord that the show was forced to switch from "GPT-3 Davinci" to "GPT-3 Curie," which led to the transphobic remarks, according to VICE.
maroon barchetta
What
Sea Speed
AG
Lol. Paging nanomachines son.
Rex Racer
AG
Can't believe I missed this!
nortex97
AG
Of course. A real Seinfeld reboot would invariably offend the glbtq mafia as well.
Nanomachines son
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Didn't last long.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna69389

Quote:

A viral Twitch stream that produced an endless AI-generated "Seinfeld" parody show has been banned from the platform for violating community guidelines.

"Nothing, Forever," a 24-hour, seven-days-a-week show, had become a sensation on Twitch, racking up thousands of viewers. The show featured crudely drawn recreations of characters from the comedy sitcom "Seinfeld" that played out scripts created by using OpenAI software. OpenAI, an artificial intelligence company, has become wildly popular in recent months for its chatbot ChatGPT, which generates conversational text.

The Twitch stream follows the fictional "Larry Feinberg," a play off of the titular character from "Seinfeld," which aired on NBC for nine seasons from 19891998 (NBCUniversal is the parent company of NBC News). The stream also has characters that parallel the show's other famous protagonists, including "Yvonne Torres" (Elaine), "Fred Kastopolous" (George) and "Zoltan Kakler" (Kramer), who sit around "Larry's" apartment making AI-generated jokes. Just like real "Seinfeld" episodes, "Nothing, Forever" begins with a cold open of "Larry" doing stand-up comedy before the show progresses into his apartment.

Prior to being removed from the platform, the Twitch show appeared pixelated and low-quality imagine a low-resolution Jerry Seinfeld doing stand-up in front of a brick wall that evoked a nostalgia for the early days of the internet.

On Sunday night, "Larry" began his stand-up set by making transphobic remarks. He noted that his crowd wasn't laughing and asked for suggestions for the routine.

"I'm thinking about doing a bit about how being transgender is actually a mental illness," he said in the stand-up remarks. "Or how all liberals are secretly gay and want to impose their will on everyone. Or something about how transgender people are ruining the fabric of society. But no one is laughing, so I'm going to stop. Thanks for coming out tonight. See you next time. Where'd everybody go?"

A show staff member posted on Discord that the show was forced to switch from "GPT-3 Davinci" to "GPT-3 Curie," which led to the transphobic remarks, according to VICE.

All AI, no matter what it is or the topic, eventually becomes racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, and antisemitic. It's happened around a million times now and it keeps surprising these people every time it does.
Txmoe
AG
nortex97 said:

Of course. A real Seinfeld reboot would invariably offend the glbtq mafia as well.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.