Rock Hall of Fame 2023 Nominees

2,842 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by double aught
Apache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't the fact that they aren't appropriately admitted about as rock n roll as it gets?
EclipseAg
AG
There are so many deserving bands from the past that have been ignored that I've given up caring.

Has Liberace been inducted yet?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Reveals Class of 2023

Quote:

Willie Nelson just got an only slightly late 90th birthday present: an impending induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The country music legend was one of seven music figures announced Wednesday morning as having been voted into the hall, along with Kate Bush, Rage Against the Machine, Missy Elliott, Sheryl Crow, George Michael and the Spinners.

There are six more inductees beyond that list, with the distinction of being selected by a select Hall of Fame committee to join the seven performers who were voted in via general balloting. These are singer Chaka Khan, instrumentalist-producer Al Kooper and lyricist Bernie Taupin, all in the "musical excellence" category; pioneering rock guitarist Link Wray and hip-hop originator DJ Kool Herc in the "musical influence" division; and "Soul Train" TV host Don Cornelius as the recipient of the annual Ahmet Ertegun Award.
Still no Soundgarden or Iron Maiden.
digging tunnels
AG
Soon Eminem will make it in before Maiden

Of course Bruce's comments back in 2018 doesn't help their cause
bluefire579
AG
digging tunnels said:

Soon?
MAROON
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Reveals Class of 2023

Quote:

Willie Nelson just got an only slightly late 90th birthday present: an impending induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. The country music legend was one of seven music figures announced Wednesday morning as having been voted into the hall, along with Kate Bush, Rage Against the Machine, Missy Elliott, Sheryl Crow, George Michael and the Spinners.

There are six more inductees beyond that list, with the distinction of being selected by a select Hall of Fame committee to join the seven performers who were voted in via general balloting. These are singer Chaka Khan, instrumentalist-producer Al Kooper and lyricist Bernie Taupin, all in the "musical excellence" category; pioneering rock guitarist Link Wray and hip-hop originator DJ Kool Herc in the "musical influence" division; and "Soul Train" TV host Don Cornelius as the recipient of the annual Ahmet Ertegun Award.
Still no Soundgarden or Iron Maiden.
or Warren Zevon
digging tunnels
AG
bluefire579 said:

digging tunnels said:

Soon?

Oops....Yes! That soon
superunknown
AG
Couldn't find this thread earlier, but pro wrestler and Fozzy frontman Chris Jericho checking in...

bluefire579
AG
Just realized Link Wray is one of the special inductions. Can't believe he wasn't already in.

Interested to see what Rage does for their induction. They never miss an opportunity for a spectacle
ABattJudd
AG
Sponge said:

Rock and roll hall of Fame imploding still the most desirable outcome.
Completely unrelated to the thread, but I do have a cool RHHF story, so I'd rather not see it implode.

My family and I were driving through Ohio last year on the way to see family in Pennsylvania. My birthday was during the trip, so my wife surprised me with tickets to the RHHF. The displays and exhibits were awesome, but the best part was they had a room where there were a couple of musicians just sitting around. They had a bass player, keyboard, and drummer. There were a couple of mics set up, along with a Les Paul, and 1950s Telecaster, and a Strat sitting out. Anyone could just walk up and request to sing a song or play guitar with them. I got to play "Gimme Three Steps" and "Mary Jane's Last Dance" in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Had a pretty good audience gathered around by the time we were done.

My favorite birthday present ever.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
johnnyblaze36
AG
On what planet does Missy Elliot get in over A Tribe Called Quest?
RightWingConspirator
AG
Joy Division and New Order should have been entered a long time ago. I'd agree with Iron Maiden as well.
NMAlamoAggie
AG
They need to put in Bachman-Turner Overdrive and/or Randy Bachman in the Hall. Could also induct him with the Guess Who.

They also need to induct Paul Rodgers with Bad Company and/or Free.
Aust Ag
AG
The HOF has been in the "watered down " down stage for a few years now, and will continue its slide.

10 years ago you would have been laughed at for saying K Bush and Missy should be in. And love Willie, but not here. Pretty sure a token country artist every year from here out.
double aught
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

On what planet does Missy Elliot get in over A Tribe Called Quest?
Earth.
Blacque Jacque Shallaque
Everyone knows the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame is a joke!..They wouldn't know what real rock was even if it smashed them over the head with a Zildjen cymbal. Willie Nelson? Eminem? Missy Elliott? Dolly Parton? Really? What a joke. They need to change the name to the Pop Music Hall of Fame....that would be more in line with their thinking. They also charge inductees something like $10,000 a table for the induction ceremony. And making Rob Halford sing freakin Jolene and Dolly last year...embarrassing! Rob should have known better.
double aught
AG
Cool
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.