Ozzy no longer going on tour

1,213 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by deer corn
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was an amazing run and I'm surprised he is still alive.

In a statement released on Wednesday, the 74-year-old said he had a major accident four years ago in which he damaged his spine and that he can no longer cope with the travel required for a tour.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/01/entertainment/ozzy-osbourne-tour-retirement-announcement-intl-scli/index.html
digging tunnels
AG
I had a small hope that he would miraculously get healthy again and get to see him live. His Super Bowl spot last year was a tease.

Glad I got to see him live a few times
DrEvazanPhD
That's a bummer. All the true rock stars we grew up with are getting old and dying off. Glad I got to see him a few times. Always was a good show. My only regret was I never got to see him with Randy Rhoads
C@LAg
No More Tears Tours
Urban Ag
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

That's a bummer. All the true rock stars we grew up with are getting old and dying off. Glad I got to see him a few times. Always was a good show. My only regret was I never got to see him with Randy Rhoads
Yeah it sucks. But there are still some great shows out there.

We saw the last stop on the Motely Crue / Def Leppard tour in Vegas back in September. Joan Jett opened, Not much of a fan but damn she absolutely killed it and she's in her 60's. Poison was next, didn't care, never have. Then Def Leppard came on and played about 15 songs for I think about 90 minutes. Absolutely mind blowing how good they sounded and how in shape those old guys are. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Crue came out and Vince looked like he downed two whoppers right before getting on stage. We left after three songs.

Next up, we're headed to London this summer for GNR at Hyde Park.
CajunAg97
AG
I was at this concert a little over 15 years ago, and I thought he needed to retire then. BTW, Rob Zombie rocked!

https://www.recordnet.com/story/entertainment/events/2007/11/17/ozzy-performs-his-hits-for/52736427007/

In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Decay
AG
Saw him mid 2000's and thought he probably needed to hang it up.. and then he started performing and he was Ozzy again. Damnedest thing ever. He'd finish a song, become the rambling geezer, then start singing perfectly at the start of the next one.

Can't believe he's still been touring. Legend.
Al Bula
AG
Ozzy. Not that great. Stopped taking him serious when the dumb mtv series was a thing.
88planoAg
AG
Happymountain said:

Ozzy. Not that great. Stopped taking him serious when the dumb mtv series was a thing.

deer corn
Derp, NM.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.