Mayfair Witches -- Amazon Prime

1,188 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgE2theBONE
AgE2theBONE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

So apparently nobody is watching this?

I searched but didn't find a thread.

I thought they did an okay job on Interview with the Vampire, not great.

This series--and I thoroughly enjoyed the novels--appears to be awful so far.
Ag_07
AG
I'll watch anything with Daddario in it
C@LAg
AgE2theBONE said:

So apparently nobody is watching this?

I searched but didn't find a thread.

I thought they did an okay job on Interview with the Vampire, not great.

This series--and I thoroughly enjoyed the novels--appears to be awful so far.
show is an abortion.
AgE2theBONE
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm with you.
rednecked
AG
watching it. I am just pretending it is just coincidentally named the same as Anne Rice's spectacular books. So far that has allowed me to keep watching it. Otherwise it is craptaculer.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I read the trilogy in college and loved it. I remember starting The Witching Hour and putting it down because I couldn't get past the overly verbose descriptions of everything. I returned later and plowed through enough for the hook to be set.

It has been so long I don't even remember one book from another, particularly anything specific about the 2nd or 3rd book.

It is a shame it sounds like this screen adaptation is a massive waste of time.
Take the trash out staff.
DrEvazanPhD
AgE2theBONE said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm with you.
Rules, people!

AgE2theBONE
AG
rednecked said:

watching it. I am just pretending it is just coincidentally named the same as Anne Rice's spectacular books. So far that has allowed me to keep watching it. Otherwise it is craptaculer.

That description is pretty accurate.

And on top of that, we're 4 episodes in and there's still no clear indication what the plot is.

We've seen Rowan kill some people with her mind, then find out she's a Mayfair and the designee of the legacy. We've seen Carlotta imprison Deirdre and Lasher make some appearances being mysterious. We've seen the Talamasca with no exposition there whatsoever, and we've seen some flashbacks to a coven in Scotland in the late 1600's.

But we've not seen any indication whatsoever of what the hell this story is supposed to be about.

My God, it's awful. But I'll keep watching, hoping it will get better and continually disappointed that Daddario doesn't get topless anymore. God Bless True Detective.
rednecked
AG
Daddario is hotter than fish grease but completely miscast for this part. I don't know who would be right but she makes a terrible Rowan. And dammit I absolutely loved Aaron Lightner in the book. He was so important to both Rowan and Michael.
WorthAg95
AG
1 episode is all I can stand. I loved the trilogy, but this is bad.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I made it to episode 5 but not sure I can hang on any longer. This is one of my favorite books/series of all time and I need to go read it again to scrub this out of my brain.
cbr
AG
my wife and i made 2 episodes, so far, and thought it was pretty good. the ending of 2 was odd...

nothing great, but new orleans is always cool.
AgE2theBONE
AG
At this point I'm watching just out of curiosity to see how truly awful it can be.

There's still no coherent plot.

No idea who Lasher is, what his motivations or his goals are, no explanation of the Talamasca's purpose or history, and Rowan is just ridiculous compared to the character Anne Rice created.

We Rowan find the knife in the bathroom but somehow the Talamasca chick in the sari pulls a knife out of her abdomen after transferring the wound to herself... what on earth?

Carlotta gets saved and then goes right back to trying to murder Rowan like nothing at all has happened. Antha's behavior was just bizarre.

I am actually impressed at how bad this is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.