Give me a good mini-series to watch

3,188 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by gggmann
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Mahan?
Yes, I do believe that was her name.
maroon barchetta
Her husband was an algebra teacher?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Her husband was an algebra teacher?
Yes
maroon barchetta
Good call signing up for typing back then. My class was all girls and me. It was pretty nice!

It also helps to be able to type in this day and age. I can always tell who didn't take typing when I see them pecking away with the index fingers.
MooreTrucker
AG
We'reearly into Succession and still kind of on the fence. It's intriguing, but there isn't a likable character of the whole bunch.

Not yet anyway.
The Dog Lord
AG
Some not mentioned:

Devs
Dahmer
The Night of
Penny Dreadful (technically a 3-season show)
Rome (technically a 2-season show)
Spartacus
The Pillars of the Earth
The Young Pope
The Porkchop Express
ApachePilot said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Michael Ironside should have won the Emmy for greatest role in human history as Ham Tyler.

Wow the 80s series getting recognized!
American television peaked during V: The Final Battle when Ham Tyler (MIchael Ironside) led the assault on the Visitors' ground compound. He used a machine gun to shoot down the Visitors' flag when the other resistance members couldn't get it off the pole.

Then, he found the Visitors' leader - Steven - in his office, and knocked his ass on the ground. The resistance had synthesized this red dust that could kill the visitors and deployed it via hot air balloon to disperese it around the planet. But that wasn't enough for old Ham. He took an entire bag of the stuff, cut it open with a switchblade, pinned Steven to the ground, and dumped the entire bag into his mouth, choking him to death on it.

God Bless America.
Jack Thauer
AG
The Night Manager is one I never hear anyone talk about but really enjoyed it. (Shocked to see it mentioned on pg 1)

Just left Prime so not sure where to stream. Can get like new blu ray on eBay for ~$15
PatAg
AG
John Adams
PatAg
AG
Jack Thauer said:

The Night Manager is one I never hear anyone talk about but really enjoyed it. (Shocked to see it mentioned on pg 1)

Just left Prime so not sure where to stream. Can get like new blu ray on eBay for ~$15
Night Manager is one of the top series of last 10 years, imo
Jack Thauer
AG
Agreed. Hadn't heard about it earlier this year. Really liked it.
gggmann
AG
"Clark" on Netflix. It stars Bill Skarsgard as Clark Olofsson. I'm not quite sure how to describe it - sort of a self-aware, not so historically accurate comedy maybe.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.