Kaleidoscope (Netflix)

3,610 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DannyDuberstein
J.P. 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody watching this? It's a heist show featuring Gus Fring trying to steal from Obergruppenfuhrer John Smith, so for that reason alone I'm at least giving it a shot.

What makes it unique is that the episodes aren't numbered; they're labeled by color instead, so you can watch them in any order as long as you watch White last.

Supposedly Netflix is randomizing the order the episodes are listed in so every viewer gets a different experience, and apparently the order you watch them in will impact your perception of each character and who you think betrays whom.

Here's the trailer:

I watched Yellow tonight and am intrigued enough to at least watch a couple more. Curious what anyone who's watching it thinks. And since we could all be watching in a different order, don't forget the spoiler tags.
cbr
AG
I've watched 3 and i like it a good bit so far. Yellow green and blue.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I jumped around my order and only after googling found out that white needs to be seen last. Thankfully I only watched a few minutes of that before stopping.

Started with Pink.
RC_57
AG
Red, Pink, and White left.

Wife and I have enjoyed it.

Will be interesting to see if they pull off the heist.

Also, we wonder if our thoughts and feelings might have been different concerning the series if we had viewed it in a different order.

Also add, could (would?) make the series difficult to discuss on this board if we all watched the series in a different order.
BMX Bandit
Watched Green which is 7 years before heist.

Is show good enough for separate threads by color?
Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
The giveaway was so obvious that it ruined the entire show for me. And I'm usually not too perceptive on stuff.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Wife and I may watch separately in random order each and then tag up to watch White. Interested to see how we react differently.
David_Puddy
AG
Watched the first 2 episodes and really enjoyed it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fun show.

Really liked how regardless of what order you attack the show in, it still feels like White is where all roads have been leading, and they leave the biggest twist for that episode.

In retrospect, I do wish I hadn't started with Pink. It did feel like I was missing a lot of context to the point where I had to go back and read a Wikipedia summary of the plot after finishing to make sure I got everything.
GoAgs92
AG
Very well made but too predictable.

Anagrammatic Nudist
AG
GoAgs92 said:

Laughably so. My eyes couldn't roll back any further than when the morning after a major hurricane blows through, and a huge heist occurs, and here's this random Fedex delivery guy walking out with the biggest and heaviest load he's ever had... and of course he even has a line which makes things even more obvious. Just dumb.
Ridge14
Wait white has to be watched last? Whoops I wasn't aware of that at all.

I just watched it in chronological order

Where did it say to watch white last?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Odds we get a sequel?
GoAgs92
AG
Anagrammatic Nudist said:

GoAgs92 said:

Laughably so. My eyes couldn't roll back any further than when the morning after a major hurricane blows through, and a huge heist occurs, and here's this random Fedex delivery guy walking out with the biggest and heaviest load he's ever had... and of course he even has a line which makes things even more obvious. Just dumb.
Indeed. When they opened the cases and the colored paper fell out it gave away everything. If each case had at least 2 to 5 bonds that would still be millions and they basically bailed on that money…dumb
ABATTBQ11
AG
I don't think each case did. Only the top few. Notice they already had a stack of cases ready to put in the elevator. They probably took the bonds they had, but it wouldn't have been many, maybe 20 max. There's probably 50k-100k bonds in there, so maybe $70k-$140k each. Maybe $1.4-$3 million. Split amongst them it's only a few hundred thousand each, which isn't going to go that far. It may seem like a lot, but it isn't enough to live on if you don't have other income and are on the run.
MROD92
Finished it last night. Interesting concept. Pink was my favorite episode
MRod92
Sazerac
AG
Pretty disappointed in the overall quality so far two episodes in
Drawkcab
Apparently not that random.

https://mashable.com/article/netflix-kaleidoscope-episode-order-random

Quote:

Having collated the order lists for myself, some colleagues and friends, and a wide selection of Twitter and TikTok users who have shared their Netflix-dictated random order, almost every one of these report being served "Yellow" and "Green" first and second, sometimes swapped; followed by the trio of "Blue"/"Orange"/"Violet" in any order, and then "Red"/"Pink"/"White", always in that exact sequence. (A couple have reported being served "Red", "Violet", or another episode first, though I haven't seen this confirmed in any screenshots.) I also ran a brief and highly unscientific Twitter poll, and nearly 80 percent of respondents had either "Yellow" or "Green" as their starter.
Sazerac
AG
Show is so terrible but now I've got to finish
2 more
Southlake
ABATTBQ11 said:

Odds we get a sequel?
Really? With who?
Prosperdick
AG
It was ok but I was expecting a bigger twist, not one I already figured out. I feel like the show thought it was a lot more clever than it actually was.
Sazerac
AG
It was so C list.

Imagine the same series with budget +
Denzel
Penelope Cruz
Tom Hardy
That chick from 8 mile who sui-died
Ed Norton
Keep the Asian playing RJ
Keep Rufus I guess, but he was awful
J Lo as the FBI gal
Prosperdick
AG
It's a neat concept, almost like a choose your own adventure book (although obviously the ending is always the same) but they HAD to stick the landing and they didn't, not even close.

I could mention at least a dozen WTF were they thinking moves done strictly to advance the plot / get them where they needed to go but I don't care enough.
boogieman
AG
It was fine. Not great. Probably a C+ overall. Fun that it can really be watched in any order, but I didn't think it affected the overall story very much.

Just not as clever as it was marketed to be.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It was okay. The effort to make Gus Fring look 24 years younger in Violet though, yikes. He looked like a mortuary school student's first project
Prosperdick
AG
boogieman said:

It was fine. Not great. Probably a C+ overall. Fun that it can really be watched in any order, but I didn't think it affected the overall story very much.

Just not as clever as it was marketed to be.
Not only was it not nearly as clever as it thought it was but I just couldn't get past the smart demo expert chick sticking with the d-bag. I like Jai Courtney a lot but he was hamming it up too much and just made that relationship not believable at all...same with Ava and Gus Fring.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I will say this - the Parkinson's bit seems like a really terrible acting job. That didn't help it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.