Covers you like better than the original

2,400 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Scruffy
McKelveysCurse
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The next team entrance song at Kyle is a cover of an old ABBA tune.

Watch out for the train and enjoy.
nickstro66
AG

Unsuspecting performance but their lead singer is incredibly gifted
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe
Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
Jimi Hendrix - Wild Thing

And yes, his original versions of Little Wing and Voodoo Child are better than SRV.
Hendrix is the GOAT but SRV's Little Wing cover is far superior to Jimi's original. Put headphones on and crank that up if you haven't already. It's a life changing experience.
Big Cat `93
AG
That's awesome. I just read his book. It's fascinating.

Here's one from my list.

Bottlehead90
AG
TXAG 05 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Exactly. Never understood why people prefer the SRV versions of those. Little Wing is such an amazing song, not only because of the amazing guitar and song itself, but because it hits all the notes then ends.

My only complaint about Jimi's Little Wing is that it is so short. I usually listen to it like 3 times in a row.

You can thank Chas Chandler, the producer, for that. Jimi's first take was a four minute version. Chas said it's too long. So Jimi did a much shorter second take. Chas said perfect and they moved on to the next song.

Jimi's version at Royal Albert Hall is probably the best live version I've heard. Jimi did not play Little Wing very often in concert. Not sure why.
Scruffy
AG
I heard a Ska version of Earl had to die (or whatever that dixie chicks song was).
maroon barchetta
Scruffy said:

I heard a Ska version of Earl had to die (or whatever that dixie chicks song was).

And…
Scruffy
AG
It was good. Only way I would have listened to the song.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.