Bosch Legacy

2,446 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by HollywoodBQ
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Harry is back ! Really enjoyed the first episode.

Harry Bosch, retired homicide detective turned private investigator, fights to work cases without the authority his former job provided. Attorney Honey "Money" Chandler, having survived an attempted murder, struggles to maintain her faith in the justice system. And Maddie Bosch discovers the possibilities and challenges of being a rookie patrol cop on the streets of Los Angeles.

The first 4 episodes of Bosch: Legacy are now streaming. They will be followed by 2 episodes each on the following 3 Fridays, for a total of 10 episodes in season 1. (It was just announced that Bosch: Legacy has already been renewed for season 2!)

Bosch: Legacy is now streaming on Amazon Freevee (formerly IMDb TV) in the USA and the UK, and soon in Germany. Freevee is a free streaming app and a free channel on Prime Video. All prior seasons of Bosch are now available on Freevee, as well. Bosch: Legacy is also streaming on Prime Video in many countries where Freevee is not yet available.
Belton Ag
AG
Sweet! I miss that show now that its over.
GoAgs92
AG
Hope it stand up to the original
BurnetAggie99
Like the Bosch shows and books. It ties into the Michael Haller Lincoln Lawyer stuff as Haller is Bosch 1/2 brother
SA68AG
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Like the Bosch shows and books. It ties into the Michael Haller Lincoln Lawyer stuff as Haller is Bosch 1/2 brother
Then you might be interested in this.

The Lincoln Lawyer will be streaming on Netflix worldwide on May 13. Based on The Brass Verdict (2008), the second book in the Mickey Haller series. Mickey takes over the law practice of a murdered defense attorney.

AgPediRPh
AG
First episode opens with music by Michael Kiwanuka. Love it!
AgDev01
AG
Having watched just the first episode, its Bosch season 8 just slimmed down with less characters.
CoolaidWade
AG
How is the channel? I'm assuming commercials. Bleh.

I do love Bosch and think it was one of the best procedurals on TV.
AgShaun00
AG
Commercials aren't that many. Pace of show is slow and stories don't seem too big but it works so well. Fun show.
75AG
AG
Jeeze, the acting is just horrible.
jeffk
AG
Thanks for the heads up on this - I knew a new show was planned but didn't see it advertised anywhere on Prime until I went searching for it.

Definitely less characters than the original series. Storylines seem somewhat less consequential than previous ones and the daughter as a rookie cop feels like filler with some pretty bad acting. Overall, still pretty enjoyable and the leads are great. Oh, I miss the original opening credits sequence too. Lol.
jeffk
AG
Does this follow some of the books like the first series did?
AgPediRPh
AG
jeffk said:

Does this follow some of the books like the first series did?
It loosely follows "The Wrong Side of Goodbye". The biggest deviation is that Maddie is now a rookie cop instead of a college student. Her storyline is about equal to Harry's.
SA68AG
AG
So far it's actually following " The Wrong Side of Good-bye" pretty closely. It's just that the " The Wrong Side " is just one of three story lines. The other two story lines - Maddie as a boot and the hedge fund guy/Russian story lines are not from any of his books.

Harry and Honey Chandler get the bulk of the story lines and carry the show. The Wrong Side of Goodbye story line is definitely the strongest part of the show.

By the way , The Lincoln Lawyer has been released on Netflix. I've seen two of the episodes so far and they're pretty good. I think the casting could have been better but I'll wait until I see a few more episodes before I give it "The Brass Verdict".
aggieactor01
AG
I only watched season 1 of Bosch. Did it get any better? I absolutely love the books but man I did not like that first season. I watched it all the way through but didn't bother with any of the subsequent seasons. Should I give it another chance?

I will give Lincoln Lawyer a try but don't have high hopes for it.
AgDev01
AG
subsequent seasons do get better as the formula is refined but the general tone is pretty much the same. I'd recommend giving it another shot. Lincoln Lawyer was ok, not terrible but I dont feel it was better than any season of Bosch.
Duckhook
AG
aggieactor01 said:

I only watched season 1 of Bosch. Did it get any better? I absolutely love the books but man I did not like that first season. I watched it all the way through but didn't bother with any of the subsequent seasons. Should I give it another chance?

I will give Lincoln Lawyer a try but don't have high hopes for it.

I like the books as well and enjoyed every season. Except for the daughter. Terrible acting and just a downer in every scene she's in. Makes the current season less enjoyable to me as she is more prominently featured.
Sazerac
AG
Legacy has been about in line with the overall series.
Little less interesting plot in this one IMO.
BurnetAggie99
Hope the next season is from the The Crossing book which will allow them to do a cross over with his half brother Mikey Haller.
GoAgs92
AG
Like the new season ok, except Bosch runs like an old lady.

Never read the books but think Bosch would never help his daughter become a cop.
AgPediRPh
AG
Bosch's half brother saying "alright alright alright". Nice!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Watching this season right now and just stopped by to say:

BAYLOR BEARS!

No way
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.