*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

45,715 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The big premiere is tonight in Hollywood, which will be the first screening for most press/critics as well, while New York press/critics are getting seated to watch it as we speak. So, while certain plot points are indeed already leaking, the damn breaks tonight. Figure we could get this thread up now to catch any of it, and especially keep anything from spilling over into the main MCU thread. Will be staying of out here, personally, though, until Thursday night/Friday...

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419884/
May 6, 2022
Theatrical Exclusive

Gangnam Style
AG
First thoughts regarding the leaked characters' costumes and the Wanda spaghetti?
AgfromHOU
AG
See y'all late Thursday!
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Watch listing and getting the hell outta here.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Well I just read the spoilers AHHH..

Wanda kills the illuminati, that means Prof X, and others, including Mr. Fantastic and Captain Carter, but they are alternate universe Illuminati
C@LAg
Arrakis ecologist said:

Well I just read the spoilers AHHH..

i did too. if true (no reason to doubt it at this point) what an utterly underwhelming story and so much wasted potential. I am sure the visual part will be spectacular, but it seems it is a shame it is in service to such a disjointed/unfulfilling story.
AgfromHOU
AG
Seeing this at 10pm today. Looking forward to it because I've actually avoided spoilers for this movie.
YNWA_AG
AG
Just got out of Multiverse of madness. Definitely felt like a Raimi movie, but it was just an average marvel movie overall. It was cool to see John krasinski and Patrick Stewart, but that was short lived. Making the Illuminati so weak wasnt the best choice. Something felt off about this movie, just not sure what it was. First Dr strange was a much better movie.

Charlize Theron joining the mcu is exciting. Looks like they are going to fight dormammu in Dr strange 3
Not a Bot
AG
This one was bad.

Not on Dark World level but close. So much dumb, so much flat.

I would have trouble finding a high point in the film were it not for the surprise few minutes of the classic characters. Hopefully they bring back Krasinski to play the role again in some way, but it seemed more like a fan service thing given he was almost cast as Captain America.

Also surprisingly dark and violent. A lot of nasty deaths. Felt a bit off for Marvel.
Sex Panther
AG
I had lowered expectations and have thought outside of Spider Man, the last few Marvel entries have been pretty mediocre…

I thought this was awesome. The horror elements and Raimi's touch were very welcome and loved all the weirdness.

Captain Carter, Reed Richards, and Professor X (along with the animated series theme music!) all got big pops in my theater.
toucan82
I can't believe they jobbed out my guy Black Bolt like that
Not a Bot
AG
Sex Panther said:

Captain Carter, Reed Richards, and Professor X (along with the animated series theme music!) all got big pops in my theater.

I gave a mini pop when they introduced Richards. Then I about jumped out of my chair and did a little squeal when Professor X rolled in. That was definitely the highlight of the entire movie for me.
boogieman
AG
FYI: There's a mid-credits & post credits scene.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It's not great, but not awful like I'm seeing some reviews are saying. I found it funny. Loved seeing the Illuminati and that got a reaction from the small early showing crowd. Wanda was great, and made a great villain. Enjoyed the Raimi-ness/ horror bits.

Expected to see a little bit of, or reference to Kang. So that was a bit of a let down.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Loved it. Very much a Sam Raimi movie, in the best way. Fun popcorn movie and i definitely prefer it to the first.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really hope we haven't seen the last of Wanda. Olsen stole the show.
Sex Panther
AG
She recently signed a pretty big extension. They've got big plans for Scarlet Witch cuz she's such a major comic book player. Have to figure she'll be central in the X-Men coming aboard and probably some kind of take on the House of M.

And eventually she'll get redeemed.
TCTTS
AG
I'm with SP and BES... that was a good movie!

I don't know what some of these critics/fanboys were thinking. Sure, it's little too Sam Raimi at times, and it's not one I'm going to revisit, but overall it's a well-told, entertaining story that featured some fun cameos and some cool ideas. I seriously don't get the "the script is all over the place" complaints. I mean, sure, the *concept* is nuts, but for what it was, I thought it was about as good and tight as can be; a way simpler story than I was expecting, relatively speaking, but in the best way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good to be on the same page on this one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh and btw, after having seen the movie and how big of a role America Chavez had, I think I may shifted my opinion on the creator only getting $5k.

For whatever reason I thought it was gonna be waaaay smaller of a role.
TCTTS
AG
My only "complaint" is more about the MCU itself at this point. Again, in and of itself, I thought this movie was a lot of fun. It's just that we somehow *still* don't really know where any of this is heading, big picture. And I don't think it's too much to ask that just ONE of these phase four movies hint a bigger villain or answer or something. I'll of course keep watching and enjoying everything Marvel has to offer, but I'm really starting to feel more and more people getting impatient. I was even listening to a podcast on the way home where they were griping about this very thing.

But whatever. The only real negative is that I'm heading back to Texas next week to see family and there's no way my ultra religious cousins, MCU-loving cousins don't complain about Doctor Strange using literal demons to defeat a witch. I'm already dreading that conversation...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll actually agree after this one, in the sense that none of the multiverse related movies/shows have ACTUALLY related to each other. The plot of Spider-Man had basically no effects or repercussions on this story, when it seemed like that would have been the inciting incident of this movie.

The plot of Loki (as of now) has had NO effect on the MCU at large, unless of course we are later shown that the multiverse only exists because of how that series ended.

But yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of connective tissue in that sense.

It seems like at least Loki HAS to tie into Quantumania somehow, given that Kang is the villain.

But I will say I loved how much they leaned on Wandavision in this movie.
Saxsoon
AG
What if the Kentucky fried **** was this?! Good lord. Krasinski as Reed, the wandavision and X-men themes. The complete and utter brutality was insane. Amazed Disney okayed those Illuminati deaths (Peggy and black bolt especially). It was like Omni man at the end of Invicible episode 1.

I loved this
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
The scene with Christine and the demons with the camera work and her blowing them up was peak Raimi. Wanda chasing them through the tunnels and the stunted camera work was great. Also when she escaped through the reflection showed how dark this would go

Damn I really hope they keep Krasinski
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll actually agree after this one, in the sense that none of the multiverse related movies/shows have ACTUALLY related to each other. The plot of Spider-Man had basically no effects or repercussions on this story, when it seemed like that would have been the inciting incident of this movie.

The plot of Loki (as of now) has had NO effect on the MCU at large, unless of course we are later shown that the multiverse only exists because of how that series ended.

But yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of connective tissue in that sense.

It seems like at least Loki HAS to tie into Quantumania somehow, given that Kang is the villain.

But I will say I loved how much they leaned on Wandavision in this movie.

Exactly. And it's hard to legit complain, because everything you just listed has been good to great on its own. So I guess the word would be that I just find it "weird." For all the multiverse stuff they've given us so far and hinted it, it's so weird that none of it feels connected or like one multiverse event caused another multiverse event to happen in the next movie, etc. When, if *any* subject needed to feel more connected, it's the multiverse.
TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon said:

The scene with Christine and the demons with the camera work and her blowing them up was peak Raimi. Wanda chasing them through the tunnels and the stunted camera work was great. Also when she escaped through the reflection showed how dark this would go

I'm assuming we'll still get Krasinksi in the Fantastic Four movie, it'll just be Krasinski playing *our* Reed Richards, and they'll say the one that died was from a different universe or whatever. But who knows?
Gangnam Style
AG
they mentioned incursions a couple of times throughout the movie. There's no way that's an accident - all signs point to secret wars for the phase 4 finale but yeah I'd hope they tease a big bad soon.
TexasAggie_02
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Just got out of Multiverse of madness. Definitely felt like a Raimi movie, but it was just an average marvel movie overall. It was cool to see John krasinski and Patrick Stewart, but that was short lived. Making the Illuminati so weak wasnt the best choice. Something felt off about this movie, just not sure what it was. First Dr strange was a much better movie.

Charlize Theron joining the mcu is exciting. Looks like they are going to fight dormammu in Dr strange 3

Was that the dark dimension? I thought it might be the quantum realm.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Saxsoon said:

I'm assuming we'll still get Krasinksi in the Fantastic Four movie, it'll just be Krasinski playing *our* Reed Richards, and they'll say the one that died was from a different universe or whatever. But who knows?

I think so too. I am still trying to figure out how they will introduce him and the other 3
TexasAggie_02
AG
Also, mordu got the shaft in this movie. Guess they're going to drop the "too many sorcerers" bit from Dr strange 1.
aggiepaintrain
AG
3 words

Lame as F
aTmLoKi
AG
This was better than expected! The Krasinski cameo went over bigger than the Stewart/Professor X cameo in our theater. My kids were wondering why it was such a big deal, but it will be great if they keep him and bring him into "our universe." They also wondered why there were no references to Spider-Man and the spell at all.

So, is Rachel McAdams done now in the MCU?
wangus12
AG
Mid to lower on my Marvel tier but still pretty fun. Lots of good call backs. That X-Men theme was incredible. Was shocked on how far Disney let SR take it with the violence and horror.

Thought the gal who played America was good. The Benedicts were both very good and Wanda was great at playing the bad guy.

Also I pity the person who has to cast any X Men characters for Marvel. Seeing Patrick Stewart as Xavier again was just another reminder of how great that cast was.

Gangnam Style
AG
who had the most violent death? Black bolt, Xavier or Captain Carter?
aTmLoKi
AG
Gangnam Style said:

who had the most violent death? Black bolt, Xavier or Captain Carter?
Haley Atwell was harmed...so, that should pretty much answer your question.
wangus12
AG
Black Bolt. That was some dark ***** Technically it didn't show anything for Captain Carter. Dr. Reeds head popped like a balloon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.